- Managing and containing Clostridium difficile disease. Gantz, Nelson M.; Gerding, Dale N.; Johnson, Philip C.; Labson, Lucy H. // Patient Care;4/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p171
Presents information on how to manage and contain the Clostridium difficile disease. Definition of Clostridium difficile disease; What symptoms of colonization with C. difficile are caused by; Details on strategies to prevent the horizontal transmission of Clostridium difficile.
- Clostridium difficile colitis: An efficient clinical approach to diagnosis. Manabe, Yukari C.; Vinetz, Joseph M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/95, Vol. 123 Issue 11, p835
Defines clinical and laboratory variables that suggest the presence of Clostridium difficile colitis and to establish the number of stool specimens needed to reasonably exclude the diagnosis of C. difficile colitis. Clostridium difficile as an important cause of nosocomial disease; Identified...
- Study offers insight into C difficile infection. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jul2014, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses research which investigated cases of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in children, conducted by J. M. Wendt and colleagues, published in a 2014 issue of "Pediatrics" journal.
- Incidence and risk factors of Clostridium difficile colitis. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;7/1/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p211
Presents a summary of the article `The Impact of Clostridium Difficile on a Surgical Service,' by K.C. Kent and others, published in the February 1998 issue `Annals of Surgical Onocology,' periodical. Identification of the mildest form of the disease; Evaluation of 374 patients for the...
- C. difficile: Microbial emergency across US hospitals without effective therapy. DuPont, Herbert L. // Infectious Disease News;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p22
The author offers observation on the increase in the rate of Clostridium difficile infection in hospitals across the U.S.
- THE NATIONWIDE IMPACT OF CLOSTRIDIUM DIFFICILE COLITIS IN SURGICAL PATIENTS. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 49, p17
An abstract of the article "The Nationwide Impact of Clostridium difficile Colitis in Surgical Patients," by M. Zerey, A. E. Lincourt, B. L. Paton, K. W. Kercher and B. T. Heniford is presented.
- ERRATUM. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2008, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p502
A correction to the article "The changing face of Clostridium difficile: What treatment options remain?," in the December 2007 issue.
- Flucloxacillin. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2010, Issue 1306, p23
The article describes the case of an older man who developed Clostridium difficile infection after taking flucloxacillin.
- More Nutritional Research Needed to Prevent and Treat Clostridium difficile Infections. Curtis, Luke // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2013, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p1813
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Clostridium difficile infections" by C.M. Surawicz and colleagues in 2013 issue.