- Future holds more than cable TV for Cox. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/96, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
Reports on Cox Communications' preparation for the telecommunications revolutions through diversifications and alliances. Contract with the US Navy to provide services among the former's three local installations; Pilot projects with Tulane University and Entergy; Alliance with Sprint Corp.,...
- Pass the Sominex. Galarza, Pablo // Financial World;5/20/96, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p38
Features Cox Communications Inc. Improvement of the company's financial status after its acquisition of Times Mirrors' cable holdings in February 1995; Effect of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 to the industry; Performance of the American cable industry. INSET: Moonlighting, by P.G..
- Cox employees, music fans unite for 'necessities drive' // Las Vegas Business Press;07/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p13
Highlights the necessities drive spearheaded by Cox Communications to benefit Shade Tree Shelter. Cox's sponsorship of the 8th annual JuneFest music festival at the Silver Bowl; Discount to JuneFest tickets.
- Newsroom in classroom. // Quill;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p11
Reports on Cox Communications partnership with schools using a fiber network. Information on partnership.
- Easy living. Levine, Shira // Telephony;04/28/97, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the agreement between Cox Communications and the management of the Sonterra apartment complex in Foothill Ranch, California for exclusive communications services. Phone, cable and Internet services; Advanced network service; Consumer advantage.
- Cox planning big moves in DTV, phone businesses. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/96, Vol. 126 Issue 52, p91
Focuses on the preparation made by Cox Communications for a major play in both digital television and the telephone business. Total worth of the company's investment in the effort; Details of the effort; Comment by Jimmy Hayes, Cox senior vice president and chief financial officer of the company.
- Cox pushes padres in San Diego. // MediaWeek;02/10/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5
Reports on Cox Communications' plans of launching its proposed Channel 4 local cable network in its San Diego area in California.
- End-to-end service. Nave, Bob // Communications News;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p64
Reports on developments and issues associated with Cox Communications since its entry into the telephone business in October 1997. Introduction of local telephone service in Orange County, California; Key engineering strategies that may help Cox Communications in succeeding in the telephone...
- Cox Pitches In for Relief Eff orts In Tornado-Stricken Oklahoma. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/27/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p32
The article offers information that Cox Communications Inc. has supported the Tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma by setting up two telecommunications centers where customers could access high-speed Internet, HDTV (high definition television) and local and long distance phone services.
- Cox to donate cable modems to area schools. // San Diego Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p12
Reports that Cox Communications Inc. plans to donate free high-speed cable modems to elementary and secondary schools in San Diego, California.