- HIB: It's not the flu. // Current Health 2;Dec88, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the disease Hemophilus influenzae, a bacterium, often mistaken for the flu which is causes by viruses. Confusion; Serious attacks; Diagnosis; HIB vaccine.
- Colds and flu. // Current Health 1;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p26
Gives information about colds and flu. Similar symptoms; Treating colds; Contagious flus; Prevention; Avoiding aspirin.
- Influenza. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;2/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the incidence of illness due to influenza in some European countries. Percentage increase in illness due to influenza in February 2003 in Czech Republic; Age-group affected in Finland; Strains of influenza virus isolated in Germany; Strains of the viruses isolated in Russian Federation.
- Influenza outbreak in the district of Bosobolo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, November-December 2002. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;3/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 13, p94
Focuses on the outbreak of influenza in the district of Bosobolo in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Location of the district; Deaths due to influenza in 2002; Names of influenza virus strains responsible for the outbreak.
- Influenza. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;5/2/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 18, p155
Lists various countries afflicted with influenza as of May 2003. Changes in influenza activity in Denmark, France, Israel, Italy and Poland; Variation in influenza A and B strains of virus.
- When treating influenza timing is crucial. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1996, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p2
Reports that people need to see their doctors as soon as the influenza symptoms appear because it can kill. Use of antiviral medications; How they work; When they are effective.
- Ask the doctor about the flu. Mostow, Steven R. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1997, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p2
Provides answers to `Good Health Report' newsletter readers' questions about influenza. Difference between flu and a bad cold; Vaccination; Treatment; Side effects of antiviral drugs.
- Here come the bugs: Cold and flu season's... Cohn, J.P. // FDA Consumer;Nov88, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Discusses colds and the flu which seem to increase during the winter months. Describes and compares symptoms of colds and the flu. Vaccine for influenza is available and is recommended for high risk groups; Over-the-counter medicine for colds; Ways colds and flu spread; Methods of prevention.
- The flu and you. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p119
Presents information on ways to fight influenza.
- Office visit. Lipman // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p11
Offers advice on how to prevent influenza infections.