- Gearing up. Schafer, Ron // All Hands;Aug98, Issue 976, p21
Provides information on the CINCLANTFLT's Non-developmental Items Facility (NDI). Comments from Master Chief Damage Controlman Llyod L. Broughton, director of the facility; Reason for developing NDI; Things needed to fight a fire.
- Monitoring live fuel moisture--a task force report. Weise, David R.; Saveland, James M. // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p12
Reveals how fire managers can appropriately use live fuel moisture (LFM) information. How tactical fire behavior information in live fuels must be gained; Example of LFM sampling in 1995; Implementation of the LFM network; Data use and limitations; Conclusions. INSET: The LFM task force and...
- County burn ban takes effect. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;12/12/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p1A
The article reports that the commissioners in Young County,Texas have voted to impose a 90-day ban on all types of outdoor burning to prevent wild fires as the county continue to experience dry season and high winds.
- Fire Report. Adams, Roy // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/19/2013, Vol. 118 Issue 51, p4
The article presents a list of calls related to fire management attended by Fire and Rescue Team of Grand Saline, Texas.
- Living with fire. Bowman, David // Nature Australia;Summer2002-2003, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p84
Emphasizes on fire management in Australia. Importance of fire to Australian landscape; Need for regulations.
- Commissioners set burn ban. // Malakoff News (TX);2/15/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p1A
The article highlights the decision of the Henderson County Commissioners Court to institute a 30-day burn ban despite relatively low numbers of the Keetch-Byram Drought Index (KBDI), which measures the amount of moisture in the soil.
- Fire at Moscow radio-engineering institute localized - source. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/12/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Nov 12 (Interfax) - The fire that broke out at the Research Institute of Radio-Engineering in eastern Moscow has been localized, a source in law enforcement services told Interfax.
- Fire put out at Gamaleya Epidemiology Institute - emergencies ministry. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/12/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Nov 12 (Interfax) - A fire that broke out at Moscow's Gamaleya Institute of Epidemiology has been put out, the Emergency Situations Ministry said in a report.
- Leaders committed to FIRE 21. Lavin, Mary Jo // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the commitment of several government officials of the United States (US) to the FIRE 21 program of the US Department of Agriculture Forest Service. Purpose of FIRE 21; Comments from the officials.