- Firing off on all cylinders. // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p52
Focuses on an explanation given by the periodical 'Personnel Today' over the use of photographs of nurses on bikes that appeared in its November 12, 2002 issue and on the way firefighters have been picturized in British Firefighters Calendar 2003.
- Fire Engineering: Training the Fire Service for 125 Years. Dittmar, Mary Jane // Fire Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p104
Highlights the 125 years celebration of the journal 'Fire Engineering' in New York City. Evolution of the 'Fire Engineering' journal; Definition of progressive fire department and progressive firefighters; Appointment of Tom Brennan as editor for 'Fire Engineering'.
- Welcome to fireEMS. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p6
Introduces the 'FireEMS' magazine in the U.S. Role of fire fighters in providing emergency medical services; Imperative for medical training; Services offered by the magazine.
- ANACONDA FIREFIGHTERS RESPOND TO TANK FIRE. Gordon, Jack // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter2005, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p22
This article focuses on anaconda fire fighters responding to tank fire. As the first notes of the fire alert sound from the Emergency Response Center horn, firefighters react---newspapers and magazines about "life back in the other world" are dropped, conversations stop in mid-sentence, soldiers...
- One of Canada's top firefighters is from here. Deshaies, Sarah // Eastern Door;9/17/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p11
The article reports that Kellyann Meloche, director of community protection in Kahnawake, Quebec, was named as one of the top 15 firefighters across Canada by the "Reader's Digest" magazine.
- Defy Your Disease. // Men's Health;Nov2015, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p114
The article focuses on life and career of firefighter and 2015's Ultimate Men's Health Guy competition's semifinalist Alex Flynn who has recovered from neurodegenerative disease.
- Firefighters' Duties Impeded by Hoarding. // Professional Safety;Oct2015, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p21
The article focuses on an article by Olga Khazan published in the periodical "The Atlantic" which states that hoarding making house fires much more intense and is also putting firefighters and residents at even more risk of being harmed.
- Two Bits & Other Tips. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p6
The article highlights developments in fire service in the United States as of July 2006. Volunteer firefighter Thomas Higgins created his magazine "The Volunteer Firefighter," which was renamed "Fire Chief" to include volunteer and career fire chiefs. The fire service have a history of being...
- Tell us about a hero you work with. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, Special section p9
The article offers information regarding the invitation of the journal for its "Hero Story" submission in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The journal is encouraging its readers to submit a story which celebrates the heroic and brave deeds of firefighters across the continent and around the globe. The...