- DEALER/WHOLESALER DIGEST. // Tire Business;8/27/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p4
The article presents news briefs on dealers and wholesalers in the U.S. tire industry in 2012, on topics including Sullivan Tire & Auto Service, Hornsby Tire Distributors Inc., and TBC Corp.
- Midasize 'em. Stumpf, Todd // Tire Business;2/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p1
Reports the supply agreement between TBC Corp. and Midas Inc. muffler shops in Memphis, Tennessee. Company operation of TBC Corp.; Approval of TBC to supply tires to all company-owned Midas; Business condition of Midas Inc.
- INDUSTRY DIGEST. // Tire Business;6/18/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p19
Reports developments related to the tire industry in the U.S. as of June 2001. Selection of TBC Corp. on the Russell 2000 stock market index; Closure of wheel plant from Accuride Corp.; Increase of mutual funds on the market.
- Biggest Tire Indy TBC Rolling Along. // Automotive Marketing;May2000, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the growth of Memphis, Tennessee-based TBC Corp. into the largest independent marketer of tires with a 6.5 percent market share. Big O Tire stores owned by TBC; Acquisition of Carroll's Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia; Sales and net income in 1999.
- Company Overview. // TBC Corporation SWOT Analysis;Jan2007, p4
The article focuses on TBC Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation of America. The company is a marketer of tires for the automotive replacement market. TBC primarily operates in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. The company is headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. During the fiscal...
- 'Fear factor' fading? Mikolajczyk, Sigmund J. // Tire Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p11
Reports the apprehension of private brand companies on sales losses in tires. Denigration of private labels; Combination of product, service and value; Increased pricing competition.
- Tire wars. // Automotive Marketing;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p30
Examines conditions in the automobile tire industry in the United States. Speed of consolidation; Level of competition; Impact of technological innovations on the market; Top companies in the market; Top tire brand; Market revenues; Major outlets in the tire retailing market.
- Rolling Together. Wirebach, John // Automotive Marketing;Mar2000, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p34
Discusses how the tire industry is trying to survive by consolidating with other automobile suppliers in the United States. Realization that they are part of the aftermarket: Problems with competition from mass merchandisers, rapid consolidation, and finding and keeping qualified employees. ...
- SWOT Analysis. // TBC Corporation SWOT Analysis;Oct2008, p1
The article presents an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) for TBC Corporation. The marketer of tires for the automotive replacement sector is headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Strengths include strong position in automotive tire replacement...