- Somerfield SWOT Analysis. // Somerfield SWOT Analysis;Jan2007, p1
The article presents information on convenient and food retail store chain Somerfield Group. Headquartered in Bristol, England, Somerfield is a supermarket chain with multiple format stores across Great Britain. The company's strengths and weaknesses are highlighted. The opportunities and...
- Company Overview. // Somerfield SWOT Analysis;Jan2007, p4
The article presents information on convenient and food retail store chain Somerfield Group. Somerfield is a supermarket chain which operates thousand of stores across Great Britain. The company is headquartered in Bristol, England. Financial details are not disclosed.
- SWOT Analysis. // Somerfield SWOT Analysis;Jan2007, p5
The article focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of convenient and food retail store chain Somerfield Group. The supermarket chain benefits from its multiple format stores and strong parent company Violet Acquisitions. It offers private label brands. However, it lacks presence in the...
- Food Retail Industry Profile: United Kingdom. // Food Retail Industry Profile: United Kingdom;May2006, p1
Presents a profile of the Food Retail industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...
- How retailers are persuading shoppers to go steady. Kimberley, Sara // Precision Marketing;5/12/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p11
The article discusses on how retailers can keep their customers loyal to their company. All supermarkets are under pressure to nurture customer loyalty in order to increase sales. Retailers sometimes embraces everyday low pricing in a bid to ensure that they have the lowest price in the market....
- Letter Canada. // European Retail Digest;Mar2001, Issue 29, p57
Presents updates on supermarket retailing in Canada as of March 2001. Release of the 'U.K. Competition Report on Supermarkets' concerning supermarket retailers; Details on the merger of supermarket chains; Proposed legislation concerning the problem of anti-competitive practices in the industry.
- COMPANY CV. // Marketing (00253650);10/2/2003, p50
Great Britain-based Somerfield Group incorporates the Somerfield and Kwik Save supermarket business units, which operate a combined 1300 outlets throughout England, Scotland and Wales. Somerfield is the country's biggest neighbourhood supermarket, offering convenience in small high-street stores...
- Highlights. // Retail Trade;May2003, Vol. 75 Issue 5, pv
Presents several news items related to retail sales of Canada as of May 01, 2003. Percentage increase in retail sales in the first five months of the year 2003; Reason behind increase in consumers spending in the general merchandise sector; Decline in sales of supermarkets and grocery stores.
- APPENDIX V. // Retail Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p43
Lists several categories of retail trade groups in Canada. Supermarkets and grocery stores; Household furniture and appliance stores; Automotive parts, accessories and services.