California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. SWOT Analysis
- CPK does Mexico debut via pioneer McD franchisee. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p20
The article reports on the opening of the first California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) unit in Mexico. According to franchisee Grupo Calpik SA de CV, the opening is the first of 15 locations planned in the country for the next 10 years. According to the author, the Mexico outlet is the 16th...
- California Pizza Kitchen to open this fall at Gateway. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/09/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p16
Announces the plans of Los Angeles, California-based restaurant chain, California Pizza Kitchen, to open one of its upscale eateries in the Gateway center in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah in the fall of 2001. Location opened in the city; Company background; Average guest check at California...
- LA pizza chain wins big fans with NY site. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;6/5/95, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the success of California Pizza Kitchen Inc.'s restaurant in Manhattan, New York City, N.Y. Comments from co-chairman Rick Rosenfield; Marketing strategies employed by the company; Training of staff.
- SWOT Analysis. // California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Mar2006, p5
Presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis of California Pizza Kitchen Inc. (CPK), a leading U.S. casual-dining restaurant chain. Ranking of CPK in the list of U.S. top 100 restaurant chains; Significance of the company's willingness to invest in research into customer...
- CPK lists profits in first half, but share price gets caught in a slide. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p12
Provides information on the profits of restaurant chain, California Pizza Kitchen for the second quarter ending July 1, 2001. Percentage increase of the sales revenues; Estimate of earnings for the quarter; Performance of the company stock.
- Culinary pair take on reopening Detroit's Twingo's. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;8/1/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p15
The article presents information related to restaurants in Detroit, Michigan. Detroit restaurant veteran John Lopez has teamed with former Boocoo executive chef Shawn Mac to revive Twingo's near Wayne State University. Lopez and Mac purchased the Twingo's name and plans to reopen the former...
- CPK trims 1st-Q EPA estimate, cites steeper labor expenses. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p12
Reports on California Pizza Kitchen Inc.'s reduction of its first quarter 2003 earnings per share estimate. Effects of higher than anticipated labor costs; Same store sales during the period.
- CPK founders launch LA Food Show concept. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;6/9/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the launch of the LA Food Show business concept on June 02, 2003 by the California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) founders. Ownership of CPK in the broad menu chain; Plans of LA Food Show partners to open branches and move out of the Los Angeles state; Aim of the restaurant to cater to the...
- Downtown L.A. sees dining renaissance. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p60
The article offers information on the upsurge in the hospitality industry in downtown Los Angeles, California. It states that various new restaurant chains including the California Pizza Kitchen have opened up in the area. The reason for the renaissance in the industry is said to be the passage...