- Chicago. // Advocate;6/28/79, Issue 270, p16
Reports on the fund raised in contributions and subscriptions for public television station WTTW in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dateline: Springfield, Mo. Crunk, Vincent // Video Systems;OCt2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on government channels on local cable systems in Springfield, Missouri. Background of TV23 and Channel 29; Staff; Annual operating budget; Television programs; Benefits of both channels for the community.
- Modest proposal for public TV. Barnhart, Aaron // Electronic Media;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p9
Comments on developments related to public television broadcasting in the United States as of August 2, 1999. Television producers' decision not to sell their programs to public television; Legislators' reactions to public television stations' exchange of donor lists with political organizations.
- TV Educativa bows. // Daily Variety;05/31/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 65, p8
Reports on the revision in the programming of public broadcaster TV Educativa in Brazil.
- I want my NHPTV. Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;3/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that New Hampshire Public Television (NHPTV) will become a wholly owned nonprofit subsidiary of the University System of New Hampshire (USNH). As part of the changes, NHPTV will have its own board of trustees. Officials of the television network are confident that it will be...
- Washington watch. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p55
Reports on the Coalition for Democracy in Public Television's request to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to bar home shopping on public television stations. Upset over Chicago, Illinois-based noncommercial station WTTW's home shopping trial in fall 1993.
- Tales from the PEG-Channel Front. Gottlieb, Jane // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p114
Focuses on public, education and government (PEG) television channels in the United States. Offering of alternative programs to the pervasive corporate culture of the country; Uncertainty of channels' future; Expectation of minimal profits from public education programs; Parochial appeal of PEG...
- Teutonic pubcasters falling on hard times. Molner, David // Variety;10/30/95, Vol. 360 Issue 13, p169
Reports on problems faced by Germany's public television broadcasters ARD and ZDF. Increase in prices for top-tier United States programming; ARD as a federation of eight regional pubcasters that operates its own national channel; Commercial broadcasters' call for the limitation of the growth...
- Public TV stations to merge operations. Rettig // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p1A
Reports on the merger between the Indianapolis, Indiana public television stations WFYI-TV and WTBU-TV. Joint operation of stations; Collaboration on all programming, broadcast operations, fund raising and administrative activities; Origin of daily broadcast feeds from master control operations...