Public Broadcasting Service SWOT Analysis
- Quick takes. Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p9
Presents remarks from television station executives in the United States on how their Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations are combating network premieres in September 1999. Provision of what viewers have come to expect and demand; Regular scheduling; Season premieres as including local...
- Duggan: `Contract' out on PBS. // Hollywood Reporter;1/5/95, Vol. 335 Issue 24, p8
Cites the pronouncement made by Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) president Ervin Duggan that the Republican party's contract with America should not include the murder of public television. Duggan's denial of audience elitism and political bias in public broadcasting; Participation of Duggan...
- PBS keeps its head above cable. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;08/10/98, Vol. 128 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the competitive plan of television network Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) against cable television. Comments from PBS President Ervin Duggan; Difficulty in keeping quality shows off cable; Commercial ventures embarked on by PBS to enhance its programming titles; Promotional...
- $44 million pledged to PBS in March membership drive. // New York Amsterdam News;4/8/95, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p27
Deals with the report of the Public Broadcasting Service on the local on-air membership drives for public television in Alexandria, Virginia and writes about its merits.
- Key Facts. // Public Broadcasting Service SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
This chapter presents key facts about Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), a non-profit organization engaged in providing educational content to public television stations across the U.S. Information including the organization's head office address, contact numbers, and Web site address are given.
- Key Facts. // Public Broadcasting Service SWOT Analysis;Dec2005, p4
This chapter presents key facts about Public Broadcasting Service, a privately-held, non-profit organization engaged in providing educational content to public television stations across the U.S. Information including the organization's head office address, contact numbers, Web site address are...
- The selling of public TV. Rathbun, Elizabeth // Broadcasting & Cable;2/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p43
Reports on the expected loss of federal funding for public televisions (TV) in the United States. Cessation of Congress' support to Corporation for Public Broadcasting; Solutions to the pending loss of federal funds; Comments of various public television executives concerning the issue;...
- PBS: Where's the Beef? Wexler, Richard; Jackson, Neal // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Big Bird to the Rescue," by Elizabeth Jensen in the July/August 2011 issue.
- Funding scramble is `nature' of public TV. ER // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p22
Discusses public television's need for more money to create national programming. Basis of individual memberships; Public Broadcasting Service's budget for national programming in 1995; Sources of funds.