Universal Corporation SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis. // Universal Corporation SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p5
The article presents information on U.S. leaf tobacco merchant and processor Universal Corp. and offers a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis as of November 2005. The business operations of the company are revealed. Potential threats to the company include rising industry...
- Taking money from the devil in Victoria. Gray, Nigel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/21/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6667, p141
Focuses on the government policies on tobacco manufacturing in Great Britain. Implementation of antismoking legislation prohibiting the sale of tobacco among minors; Introduction of tobacco tax on cigarette productions; Funds allocations on sporting institutions and health promotion programs.
- Anti-smoking critics play with smoke and mirrors. // San Diego Business Journal;09/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p46
Editorial. Comments on the hypocrisy of anti-smoking critics in the United States. Examples of the critics' hypocrisy; Naming of San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown as Humanitarian of the Year for 1996 by the American Cancer Society; Reasons for the honor; Reasons for the attack on the tobacco...
- Smoking out a deal. Greenwald, John; Pascual, Aixa M. // Time;
Examines the status of settlement negotiations between tobacco giants Philip Morris and R.J. Reynolds and state attorneys general, private lawyers and antismoking advocates. Concessions offered by tobacco firms in exchange for blanket immunity from future prosecution; The role of tiny tobacco...
- US tobacco firms agree to $369bn deal. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/28/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7098, p1849
Reports that American tobacco companies have agreed to pay $385.5 billion for antismoking campaigns and public health efforts. Terms under agreement; President Bill Clinton's reaction to the agreement; Initiative in Great Britain for a similar settlement.
- Project to encourage youth to butt out. Petten, Cheryl // Windspeaker;Nov2000, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p27
Reports the establishment of the First Nations youth anti-smoking project in Ottawa, Ontario. Goal of the program; Sources of funds for the project; Impact of the project on the tobacco industry.
- Can Arica Kick the Habit? Lacey, Marc // New York Times Upfront;3/28/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the spread of anti-smoking campaigns in Africa as of March 2003. Comparison of the percentage of adult smokers in Africa and the U.S.; List of African regions that are enacting laws to restrict smoking in public places; Contribution of the tobacco industry to the African economy.
- Smoking out a deal. Greenwald, John; Pascual, Aixa M. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);04/28/97, Issue 17, p68
Examines the status of settlement negotiations between tobacco giants Philip Morris and R.J. Reynolds and state attorneys general, private lawyers and antismoking advocates. Concessions offered by tobacco firms in exchange of blanket immunity from future prosecution; The role of tiny tobacco...
- Tobacco suit: Round II. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Jul96, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the plans of lawyers from the firms which formed the Castano Tobacco Plaintiff's Legal Committee to file class actions in all 50 states. Dismissal of a class action by the Fifth US Circuit Court of Appeals; Readiness of tobacco companies to face the lawsuits; Central premise of the...