- SBC cozies up to Telmex. Bischoff, Glenn; Fitchard, Kevin; Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;10/1/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 14, p10
Analyzes the plan of SBC Communication to acquire Internet service provider Prodigy Communications. Benefits of the deal for SBC; Impact of a possible acquisition on Mexican telecommunication company Telmex; Advantages of a telecommunication connection betweeb SBC and Telmex. INSETS: Six...
- Telefonos de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (Telmex) SWOT Analysis. // Telefonos de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (Telmex) SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p1
The book presents information on Telefonos de Mexico SA and offers a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis as of November 2005. Information on the regions where the company operates is given. Revenue posted during the fiscal year ended December 2004 is mentioned. Potential...
- MEXICAN BILLIONAIRE GOES ON TELEPHONY SHOPPING SPREE. Fittipaldi, Santiago // Global Finance;Nov2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Carlos Slim Helu, Latin America's wealthiest person, of several telecommunication companies in Mexico. Expansion of communication empire of Helu; Purchase of Telemex; Stock acquisition of Helu from several telecommunication companies.
- Sprint and Telmex offer joint service. Cervantes, Kim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on the merger between Sprint and Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex) to provide America and Mexico with the same quality of voice and data services. Type of service that is being offered; Predictions for this merger.
- Mexican acquisiton for TelefÃ³nica. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the clearance received by Telefonica from the Mexican anti-trust authority to acquire a 65 percent stake in mobile telecommunications operator Pegaso PCS. Earlier agreement signed by Telefonica with Grupo Pegaso to purchase shares from Sprint, Leap Wireless and other non-Mexican...
- Telmex buys Argos stake. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;04/10/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 27, p12
Report that the Mexican telephone company Telefonos de Mexico SA has bought a 25-percent stake in television producer Grupo Argos.
- HOLA, COLOMBIA! SLIM'S ON THE LINE. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the entry of TelÃ©fonos de MÃ©xico SA (Telmex), the largest telecommunications company in Latin America, to the Colombian market with its majority bid for the state-owned Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Telecom). Claim of investors that a successful bid by Telmex will merge its local...
- Growing Giant. Rueda, Marisol // Latin Trade (English);Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p39
The article reports focuses on the expansion of the operations of Telmex in South America. The company's acquisition activities in 2004 included phone companies Techtel and Metrored in Argentina, Embratel in Brazil and Chilesat in Chile. Telmex invested US$1.70 billion in 2004 and expects to...
- World on a plate. // Business Mexico;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the acquisition activities of Carlos Slim Helu, head of telephone company Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex) and retail chain Sanborns. Expansion of interest in the United States computer store, CompUSA through Grupo Sanborns; Venture into the Internet market in collaboration with SBC...