Telefonos de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (Telmex) SWOT Analysis
- Sector Outlook - Telecommunications. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
Provides information on the telecommunications industry of Mexico. Market structure and industry developments; Revenues recorded by Telmex for the year ended December 31, 2002; Key risks to BMI forecast scenario.
- Company Overview. // Telefonos de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (Telmex) SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
The article presents information on Telefonos de Mexico SA. Services offered by the company are mentioned. Information on the regions where the company operates is provided. The headquarters of the company is mentioned. Revenue posted during the fiscal year ended December 2004 is mentioned.
- MEXICAN BILLIONAIRE GOES ON TELEPHONY SHOPPING SPREE. Fittipaldi, Santiago // Global Finance;Nov2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Carlos Slim Helu, Latin America's wealthiest person, of several telecommunication companies in Mexico. Expansion of communication empire of Helu; Purchase of Telemex; Stock acquisition of Helu from several telecommunication companies.
- Mexican acquisiton for TelefÃ³nica. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the clearance received by Telefonica from the Mexican anti-trust authority to acquire a 65 percent stake in mobile telecommunications operator Pegaso PCS. Earlier agreement signed by Telefonica with Grupo Pegaso to purchase shares from Sprint, Leap Wireless and other non-Mexican...
- HOLA, COLOMBIA! SLIM'S ON THE LINE. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the entry of TelÃ©fonos de MÃ©xico SA (Telmex), the largest telecommunications company in Latin America, to the Colombian market with its majority bid for the state-owned Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Telecom). Claim of investors that a successful bid by Telmex will merge its local...
- Making contact. Tanners, Timna // Business Mexico;Jul1996, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p8
Reports on developments related to telecommunications industry in Mexico as of July 1996. Background on the market; Telmex's hold on the market; Entry of competition; Telmex's reactions to competition.
- Calling up the future: Who's who. Galvan, Roberto // Business Mexico;Jul1996, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p8
Reports on developments related to telecommunications industry in Mexico as of July 1996. Privatization of Telmex; Increase in competition; Focus on long distance service; Focus on telecommunications companies that have entered the market.
- Star wars in cyberspace Mexico. Moore, Michael A. // Business Mexico;Oct1994, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on Mexico's telecommunications industry. Competition involving Telefonos de Mexico's control of cyberspace; Long-distance franchises; Phone installations; Financial issues; Technological developments.
- SLIM'S PICKINGS. // Latin Trade (English);Sep2004, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the plan of TelÃ©fonos de MÃ©xico, a Mexican telecommunications company controlled by Carlos Slim, to acquire Brazilian cable-television operator Net ServiÃ§os de ComunicaÃ§Ã£o;. Value of the acquisition; Other acquisitions of TelÃ©fonos de MÃ©xico.