Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis
- Fast-Growing Sprint PCS Faces Challenges: Report. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on the market challenges encountered by United States wireless telecommunication carrier Sprint PCS. Estimated number of additional subscribers to Sprint's wireless service during the fourth quarter of 1999; Impact of Sprint's presence on the emerging wireless Internet market.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.
- Interconnect changes may cost wireless carriers. // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p9
Focuses on the changes proposed by incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC) that would force wireless carriers to pay three to eight cents to carry calls on the ILEC network. Action taken by Sprint PCS to prohibit the proposed type of interconnection.
- Sprint PCS adds on-demand video to Vision service. // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p22
Provides information on the on-demand video information application introduced by Sprint PCS for its Vision service for wireless handsets. Features of the video information application; Cost of the service.
- Music in the Air. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p62
Discusses the efforts taken by wireless communication companies to prepare for the portability of digital music. Critical environments in which people listen to music; Technology development plans of Sensate; Description of the Samsung MP3 phone by Sprint PCS.
- Customer adds expected to slip a bit in 3Q reports. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p14
Reports on a potential decline in customer additions in the wireless communications industry in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2005. Causes of the decline; Impact of the continued uptake of family plans by Verizon Wireless on its average revenue per user results during the quarter; Total net...
- Details emerge on Sprint's PTT. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p1
Provides information on the features of the push-to-talk service being planned by Sprint PCS as of September 2003. Handset which will be used on the push-to-talk service; Comparison of the voice coverage of Sprint and Verizon Wireless; Information on the pricing strategy for the service.
- Company Overview. // Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p4
The article presents information on U.S. wireless services provider Sprint Nextel. Estimated annual revenue of the combined companies is revealed. The total number of people employed by the companies is given.
- SWOT Analysis. // Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p5
The article presents information on U.S. wireless services provider Sprint Nextel and offers a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis as of November 2005. Services and products being offered by the companies are mentioned. Potential threats to the company include changing...