Del Monte Foods Company SWOT Analysis
- All wrapped up, naturally. Pfeuffer, Charyn; Fahey, Valerie; Zissu, Alexandra // Health (Time Inc. Health);Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the development of a plastic container made from corn. The corn-based plastic contains polylactide which makes the plastic much better than the regular plastic. Food companies such as Newman's Own Inc. and Del Monte Foods Co. package fruits and vegetables in the...
- BANANAS GET A SECOND SKIN. // Flexible Packaging;May2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p17
The article reports on an announcement by Del Monte Foods Co. regarding the expansion of its tests of packaging bananas inside a barrier plastic bag.
- Del Monte launches stevia drinks range. Bamford, Vince // Grocer;8/11/2012, p25
The article reports on the Naturally Light range of juice drinks launched by soft drinks brand Del Monte that is the latest to use natural sweetener stevia in its new product development (NPD).
- GlobalTrends. // Prepared Foods;Jan2006, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p9
The article presents an update on the food industry as of January 2006. Fuze Carbonated Passion Fruit Drink was introduced by P&N Beverages. Molkerei Lanz in Switzerland has launched an innovative package for Lanz Jogurt Yo Drink. Del Monte has developed chilled and fresh food products in...
- Del Monte Foods, Inc. // Distressed Company Alert;11/25/2015, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p4
A corporate profile for Walnut Creek, California-based food production company Del Monte Foods Inc. is presented. Information provided includes the financial performance of the company from 2013-2014 in terms of revenue and net income, its key executives, Nils Lommerin and David L. Meyers, and...
- A can-do attitude. Turcsik, Richard // Progressive Grocer;11/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 17, p40
Explores the management strategies of Del Monte Foods. Products offered by the company; Technique of the company in packaging its products; Benefits of the company's products to retailers; Plan of the company to improve canned vegetable products.
- Del Monte aims for revival by touting virtues of canned food. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;8/2/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p3
This article reports that Del Monte Foods plans to launch a marketing effort in the U.S. to prove canned food is relevant to one's lifestyles. Overall, the canned food industry is hoping to get a lift out of a number of government reports urging consumers to eat fruits and vegetables for better...
- Salad days are over. // Food Manufacture;May2006, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the closure of the prepared salads factory of Del Monte in Methwold, Norfolk, England at the end of May 2006. About 250 jobs will be terminated. The factory was bought from the Albert Fisher Group in 2002. A prepared fruit plant in Wisbech and a dressed salads factory in...
- Del Monte Pacific Buys Half Of Del Monte U.S. // Food Processing (00156523);Nov2013, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses a deal announced by the Philippines based fruit juice company Del Monte Pacific Ltd. in October 2013 to buy the consumer food business of the U.S. based Del Monte Foods Co. for 1.68 billion dollars and informs that the deal does not include the pet food business of Del Monte.
- Vexed over vegetables. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;1/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the marketing campaign of Del Monte Foods for the launch of its Vegetable Classics line. Budget for the campaign; Features of its television commercial; Magazines where its advertisements will appear.