- Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p1
This article presents a company profile of Lonmin PLC, a producer of platinum based in London, England. It provides an overview of the company's business operations and financial gains during the fiscal year ended September 2004. An analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and...
- Lonmin more than doubled first-half profit to US$ 54 million for the six months. // African Business News;5/14/2013, p29
The article reports on the $54 million profit of South African platinum miner Lonmin PLC in the first half of 2013.
- Benetton Profits Slide 28.3%. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 55, p4
The article discusses the financial performance of luxury fashion retailer Benetton Group. The author explains that Benetton Group posted a sizable loss in net profit for the year 2011, citing heightened raw materials costs and falling consumer spending as causes for lackluster sales within the...
- Company Profitability Performance in Greek Takeover Bids. Koutroulis, Ioannis; Alexakis, Panayiotis; Mylonakis, John // International Journal of Economics & Finance;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p23
One of the most studied aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) is their effect both at the time of the announcement and during the period after. Researchers mostly focus on the short-term effects of such agreements, without thoroughly examining the behaviour of shareholders in the long term,...
- Why accountants should be more involved in profit forecasts. // Accountancy;Oct78, Vol. 89 Issue 1022, p23
Presents views on the role of accountants in giving profit forecasts in Great Britain. Expectations on the uncertainty over the value of profit forecasts; Significance of a company's trading performance to the decision making of shareholders in times of a takeover bid; Suggestions for improving...
- Quiksilver Profits Surge 24.7%. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/7/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 120, p2
Reports on the financial performance of surf apparel company Quiksilver Inc. as of June 2005. Increase in second-quarter earnings; Launch of a tender offer for the publicly traded shares of Rossignol Group SA; Value per diluted share of earnings at Quiksilver.
- WORLD BRIEFS. // Supply Management;2/17/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
This section offers news briefs related to international business as of February 2011 including one on the pledge of a local government in Mexico to fight bid-rigging by companies tendering for its contracts, one on the strong performance of U.S. businesses in China, and one on the conviction of...
- Company Overview. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article presents an overview of the business and financial performance of Lonmin PLC. The company's sales and net profit during the fiscal year ended September 2004 was provided.
- Key Facts. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article presents information on the company address, contact numbers, Web site and financial performance of Lonmin PLC during the fiscal year ended September 2004.