Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis
- Trouble with the Mills. McKay, David // Finweek;5/10/2007, p30
The article talks about the business operations of Lonmin PLC in South Africa. The company has increased its dividends, the second rebasing in five years, but results came in at the low end of consensus. Lonmin is one of London, England's few platinum producers and is prized in that city partly...
- Lonmin more than doubled first-half profit to US$ 54 million for the six months. // African Business News;5/14/2013, p29
The article reports on the $54 million profit of South African platinum miner Lonmin PLC in the first half of 2013.
- Quickstep over strategy muddle. Gooding, Ken; McKay, David // Finance Week;6/2/2003, p20
Reports on power struggle at South Africa-based platinum producer Lonmin PLC. Allegation of conflict between chief executive officer Ed Haslam and chairman John Craven; Legislation that will change the structure of the mining industry in South Africa; Deal between Lonmin and Impala Platinum.
- Company Overview. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article presents an overview of the business and financial performance of Lonmin PLC. The company's sales and net profit during the fiscal year ended September 2004 was provided.
- Key Facts. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article presents information on the company address, contact numbers, Web site and financial performance of Lonmin PLC during the fiscal year ended September 2004.
- SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p5
The article discusses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats related to the financial growth of Lonmin PLC. It offers information on the revenues and equity interests of the company during the fiscal year ended September 2004. Several factors that could undermine the company's...
- SWOT Analysis. // Lonmin, PLC SWOT Analysis;Dec2008, p1
The article provides information on Lonmin Plc, based in London, England. The company is considered the world's third largest primary producer of platinum. Lonmin is engaged in mining, refining and marketing of platinum group metals. It obtained a total of $2,231 million in revenues for the...
- Poisonous price spike looms. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p30
Reports that the explosion at Lonmin's Western Platinum smelter in South Africa has raised market worries that platinum may be headed for a price spike in 2003. Possible impact of rising deficits in platinum markets on fuel prices; Increase in world platinum supply; Chinese demand for platinum...
- Lonmin announced that it has experienced an incident at its Number Two furnace. // World Mining News;4/30/2013, p11
The article reports on the shutdown of the Number Two furnace of Lonmin plc, the former mining division of platinum producer Lonrho plc, in South Africa in 2013.