- IMI, PLC SWOT Analysis. // IMI, PLC SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p1
This chapter examines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing IMI PLC, an international engineering group operating in the field of fluid control and retail dispense solutions. An overview of its financial performance in 2004 is presented. A discussion of investigations...
- The cost of doing business. Buckley, Julian // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2008, p03
The author comments on the increasing prices of materials for car manufacturing in 2008. He highlights increases in prices of hot-rolled coil and steel. The author believes that the trend will continue by the end of the year. He stresses that the increase in steel prices should have been...
- Carbon Steel Prices Seen Matching 2006 Peak. // Supply House Times;May2007, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p26
The article forecasts the substantial rise of average North American carbon steel prices, based on data from MEPS Steel Prices Online in 2007. According to the British forecasting firm, scrap surcharges are expected to surge in the middle of the year which might lead to inevitable price...
- Enron contracts in Africa reviewed for irregularities. // New York Amsterdam News;8/15/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the investigations of the U.S. Justice Department on the foreign operations of the bankrupt Enron Corp. Allegations of bribery to win contracts in the absence of competitive biddings; Scrutiny of international projects; Answers to a number of claims of corruption.
- Domestic market power, the transnational industry cycle, and the merits of free versus fair trade. Tribble Jr., Romie // International Advances in Economic Research;May95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p95
Contends that the transnational industry cycle is a theoretical relationship where the transnational's domestic profitability depends on its foreign profitability. Relationship between domestic and foreign profitability; Cyclical behavior of the transnational corporation; Achievement of free...
- MasterCard Accused In British Fee Case. // American Banker;11/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 218, p10
Mentions MasterCard International violated British antitrust laws by charging high fees to banks that issue its cards. Investigation of Visa-branded cards also by the antitrust regulator, Office of Fair Trade; Comment of agency spokewoman, Julia Smith on high fees that are eventually passed on...
- Japanese Agency Raids Intel. // Electronic News;4/12/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports that investigators from Japan's Fair Trade Commission raided three Intel offices on April 12, 2004. Comment from an Intel spokesman; Allegation against Intel; Other offices raided by the commission in an investigation of anti-competitive practices.
- Green Light. Smith, Davis N. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2001, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p153
Reports that the United States government has approved a federal investigation into charges that big pharmaceutical companies engaged in anti-competitive practices. Coverage of the investigation; Allegations of the Federal Trade Commission against several pharmaceutical companies involved in...
- Stabenow, Levin want probe of China electric-car 'shakedowns'. // Hill;9/19/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 126, p20
The article reports on the call of Michigan senators including Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin for a governmental investigation of Chinese trade practices on electric vehicles in 2011.