- Challengers surge in flat battery sector. John, Bernadette // Grocer;12/20/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8186, p79
The article reports on the conditions and trends in the batteries industry in Great Britain as of 2014. Details about sales and price trends in the industry are mentioned. A chart is also presented which depicts the leading brands including Duracell from Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G), Energizer...
- Tip a winner at lowest milk price. // Dairy Industries International;Oct2009, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the expansion of Real, a German-based supermarket chain, in eastern Europe. Real has 40 new retail outlets in Poland, Belarus and neighbouring lands. It is claimed that the supermarket chain has the cheapest drinking milk under the Tip house brand which is sold at 0.39...
- Emphasising price could undo all your hard work on branding. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);1/9/2003, p16
Focuses on effects of the price of companies products that the consumer pay on branding. Definitions of brands and commodities; Techniques by which commodity can be transferred to brand; Impact of companies brand promotions on its brand.
- Is It Worth It? // Scholastic Scope;1/30/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p16
The article presents a debate on whether brand-name products are worth their hefty price.
- The year of pricing sanely. Buck, Rinker // Adweek Western Edition;10/11/93, Vol. 43 Issue 41, Super brands p6
Opinion. Forecasts the end of price hikes and the advent of more competitive pricing strategies. Impact of price hikes on the brand-management community; Philip Morris' price cuts on its Marlboro brand of cigarette; Procter & Gamble's conversion to `value pricing'.
- PRICE DISCOUNT AND BRAND INFORMATION EFFECTS ON PERCEPTIONS OF QUALITY AND VALUE. Bearden, William O.; Carlson, Jay P.; Colton, Deborah; Weathers, Danny // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 11, p111
The present research extends previous research regarding the effects of reference prices by considering the combined effects of price discount information and brand familiarity on perceptions of quality, transaction value, and acquisition value. The results provide support for the importance of...
- NOT BUILT IN A DAY. Butler, Daniel // Accountancy;Aug1998, Vol. 122 Issue 1260, p30
Discusses the disparities in the prices of similar products with different brand names. Willingness of consumers to purchase products based on brand and packaging regardless of the cost; Huge profit being made by manufacturers and suppliers on good displayed beside far cheaper alternatives;...
- Focus - Campari's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand. Morton, Andy // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);5/16/2014, p8
The article focuses on the financial performance of Italian spirits and soft drinks maker Grupo Campari during the first quarter 2014 based on region and brand. Highlights include its overall growth in the Americas except for Jamaica and in Europe, and the decline in its sales in Japan and...
- Growing Room. // Chain Store Age;Aug2006, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p18A
The article offers a look at the growth pattern in U.S. retail trade. By pulling data from each store, companies that can afford the right software are plotting the relationship between shopper insight, price and sales. Chico's has capitalized on the growing importance of brand to its...