- Gallagher Sees No Benefit From Fee Scandal. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;1/31/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p25
Looks into the bid-rigging scandal that shocked the commercial insurance industry in the U.S. Identification of the company's main business; Overall financial performance of broker firm Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.; Plan of paying commissions during the first quarter of the year 2005.
- Top Brokers. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;7/19/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p0028
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in 2009. Brokerage revenues grew from 1.61 billion U.S. dollars to 1.71 billion dollars, making Arthur J. Gallagher the top four insurance brokerage worldwide based on the 2010 ranking done by the...
- Company Overview. // Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
The article provides information on the insurance brokerage firm Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. The company operates in several countries through a network of brokers. The headquarters of the company is located in Itasca, Illinois. In the fiscal year ended December 2004, the firm reported an increase...
- BI Stock Index. // Business Insurance;8/2/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p23
This article presents information on the financial performance of several companies from the business insurance sector. Companies which registered profits include Baldwin & Lyons Inc., Chubb Corp., Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and Navigators Group Inc.
- Analyst Cites A.J. Gallagher As Potential Acquisition Target. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/16/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the impact of economic crisis in insurance brokerage earnings, particularly on insurance company Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in the U.S. According to one analyst, the company might be one casualty of the fallout, which could be a prime acquisition target. In an analyst's...
- Street snubs Gallagher. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;7/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p4
Investors were slow to reward Arthur J. Gallagher & Co; as it grew from a small commercial insurance brokerage into a $1-billion company, but they've been quick to punish it for some recent missteps. First, Gallagher was forced to write off $59 million in late 2002 and early 2003 on bad...
- SWOT Analysis. // Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. SWOT Analysis;Dec2009, p1
A profile of Itasca, Illinois-based Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., a company that offers insurance brokerage and risk management services, is presented. An overview of the company's operations and financial performance is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees...
- GLOBAL BRIEFS. // Business Insurance;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p17
Reports developments of business insurance as of July 2001. Creation of bill for protected cell captive companies; Expansion program on marine aviation and transport team by US broker Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.; Implementation of a discount rate for personal injury claims.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;7/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p39
The article focuses on brokerage firm, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Gallagher, for the most part, has resolved those issues, and the brokerage is in position to land additional accounts and boost revenue even in a softer property/casualty insurance market. But after years of double-digit growth in...