Groin pain in an intercollegiate volleyball player
- Right between the legs. Medich, Rob // Esquire;Feb96, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p45
Takes a look at how to exercise your groin when you get a groin pull. Comments from Dr. Bob Cantu, former president of the American College of Sports Medicine; Exercises to do when you have a groin pull.
- Stretch before you scissor. // Men's Health (10544836);Jan95, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
Comments on groin pull injuries and suggests that the best way to prevent them is to stretch and strengthen groin muscles. Exercise suggestions.
- Preventing ACL injuries, turning research into practice and avoiding media ambush. Khan, Karin M. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p483
The article discusses various reports in this issue, including the study that showed that a simple warm-up program reduced lower limb injuries and the groin pain paper.
- Groin injury? Stretch it out. Hopper, Gavin // Tennis;Jan96, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p68
Reports on groin injuries in tennis players. How groin injuries are caused; How to prevent groin injuries.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get numb groins. // Men's Health (10544836);Oct90, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p15
Presents several guidelines offered by the U.S. Cycling Federation for avoiding numbness of the groin during long bike rides. Numbness as the first warning sign of temporary impotence for cyclist in the United states.
- Jockstraps. Bara, Brett; Bauman, Alisa; Boyles, Denis; Davis, Grant; Donahue, Amy; Good, Brian; Guterman, James; Hodgson, Michael; Lombardi, Marc; Lynch, Eamon; Lynch, Jennifer; Marion, Matthew; Matus, Jordan; Meade, Jeff; Van Tine, Julia; Wilson, Jennifer // Men's Health (10544836);Apr98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the use of jockstrap, a men's protective wear against sports-related groin injuries. Importance of using jockstraps; Price of the Bike Adult Soft Cup.
- Middle aged man with groin pain. Kumar, J.; Toe, K.; Banerjee, R.D. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p179
Presents several self-assessment questions regarding the case of a 47-year-old man who exhibited pain and discomfort in his left groin over a period of six months. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- SELF ASSESSMENT ANSWERS: Middle aged man with groin pain. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p182
Presents the answers to several self-assessment questions regarding the case of a 47-year-old man who exhibited pain and discomfort in his left groin over a period of six months. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- Appropriate Imaging of the Pelvis in Athletes With Chronic Groin Pain Is Important to Exclude Associated Pathology of the Pelvic Ring. Major, Nancy M. // International SportMed Journal;2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The purpose of this paper is to alert the clinician to the association between pubic stress injury and sacroiliac abnormalities in athletes who present with chronic groin pain. Athletes who complain of pubic symphysis pain, sciatica, groin pain, or a combination of these often require not only...