- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;7/10/2010, Issue 1309, p27
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old woman who developed adynamic ileus while under lithium treatment regimen for bipolar disorder.
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/29/2011, Issue 1336, p15
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old man who developed paralytic ileus after receiving clozapine.
- Vincristine: Paralytic ileus in an elderly patient: case report. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2013, Issue 1477, p33
The article presents a case study of a woman diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who was given chemotherapy including vincristine and developed paralytic ileus during treatment.
- Obturator hernia: a rare cause of acute small bowel obstruction. Shiue-Wei Lai; Tzu-Chuan Huang // Indian Journal of Medical Research;Jul2014, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p151
The article focuses on the case of an 89 year old woman diagnosed with obturator hernia with intestinal obstruction, which follows her complaints of diffuse abdominal pain for a day in April 2012.
- Prior uterine perforation resulting in intestinal obstruction in a subsequent pregnancy. Seow-En, I.; Seow-Choen, F.; Tseng, P. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Dec2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p369
The article presents a case study of a 30-year-old pregnant woman who was presented with intestinal obstruction and was diagnosed with uterine perforation.
- Abdominal cocoon: a unique presentation in an immunodeficient infant. Browne, Lorna; Patel, Jigar; Guillerman, R.; Hanson, Imelda; Cass, Darrell // Pediatric Radiology;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p263
Abdominal cocoon is a rare disorder that may pose a diagnostic conundrum in patients presenting with intermittent symptoms of small bowel obstruction. We describe the imaging findings of a unique case of abdominal cocoon that presented in infancy.
- A rare cause of bowel obstruction in pregnancy. Li, Yingda; Ang, Megan; Miller, Julie A // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 12, p1
We present the case of a 30-year-old woman admitted at 38 weeks and 3 days gestation with a rare cause of bowel obstruction. Definitive diagnosis was not made until laparotomy. We present the unique management challenges posed and a review of the literature.
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/11/2014, Issue 1483, p34
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old man who developed fatal bowel infarction while receiving clozapine.
- VÃ”LVULO INTESTINAL EM AVESTRUZ (Struthio camelus): RELATO DE CASO. Ravena, Danilo L.; Haibara, Denise; Porto, Camila D.; Felix, Marcilio; Sequeira, Julio L.; Hataka, Alessandre // Archives of Veterinary Science;2013 Supplement, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p509
The ostrich (Struthio camelus) is a bird that belongs to the Struthioniforme ordem, Strutionidae family to the groups of Ratites. Intestinal volvulus is a pathological torsion of a intestinal segment over its mesenteric axis resulting in vascular obstruction, ischemic injury and luminal...