- Small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma: 2 case reports. // Reactions Weekly;8/27/2011, Issue 1366, p30
The article describes two case reports on older men who received treatment with warfarin but developed small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma.
- A transmesenteric congenital internal hernia presenting in an adult. Edwards, Hellen McK; Al-Tayar, Haytham // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 12, p1
Congenital internal hernias (CIAHs) are a rare cause of small bowel obstruction in adults. We present a case of transmesenteric CIAH in a 32-year-old male. The clinical examination and computed tomography scan were interpreted as intestinal obstruction, and only an emergency laparotomy revealed...
- Eosinophilic colitis presenting as a left-sided... Box, J. Craig; Tucker, Jeff // American Surgeon;Aug97, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p741
Presents a study on a case of eosinophilic colitis leading to a left-sided colocolonic intussusception and subsequent large bowel obstruction. Case report of patient with eosinophilic colitis; Histological criteria for eosinophilic gastroenteritis.
- Small bowel obstruction due to broad ligament hernia: computed tomography findings. Brion, B. Barbier; Daragon, C.; Idelcadi, O.; Mantion, G.; Kastler, B.; Delabrousse, E. // Hernia;Jun2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p353
We report a case of surgically confirmed small bowel obstruction due to hernia through a defect in the broad ligament. Multi-detector computed tomography (CT) demonstrated the presence and the precise location of this very unusual internal pelvic hernia. Those CT findings are presented here.
- Abdominal cocoon: a unique presentation in an immunodeficient infant. Browne, Lorna; Patel, Jigar; Guillerman, R.; Hanson, Imelda; Cass, Darrell // Pediatric Radiology;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p263
Abdominal cocoon is a rare disorder that may pose a diagnostic conundrum in patients presenting with intermittent symptoms of small bowel obstruction. We describe the imaging findings of a unique case of abdominal cocoon that presented in infancy.
- Prednisolone withdrawal. // Reactions Weekly;4/7/2012, Issue 1396, p33
The article describes the case of a 59-year-old man who had been self-medicating with over-the-counter (OTC) prednisolone for arthritis, experienced relative adrenal insuffiency (RAI) resulting to prolonged ileus following prednisolone withdrawal.
- Duodenal web associated with malrotation and review of literature. Eksarko, Polikseni; Nazir, Sharique; Kessler, Edmund; LeBlanc, Patrick; Zeidman, Michael; Asarian, Armand P.; Xiao, Philip; Pappas, Peter J. // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 12, p1
Intestinal obstruction due to midgut malrotation in neonates is well known. The incidence of malrotation in newborns is around 1:500 and the symptomatic incidence is 1:6000 births. Duodenal web as a cause of intestinal obstruction is less common and is reported to be 1:10 000â€“1:40 000....
- Meckel's diverticulum. Minford, Joanne; Abusanad, Osama // Pulse;9/19/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 30, p31
A case study of a 20 year old boy suffering with closed loop obstruction by a band associated with a Meckel's diverticulum is presented.
- Nadir bir mekanik bagirsak tikanikligi nedeni: gossibioma olgu sunumu. Karakas, Dursun �zg�r; Yilmaz, Ibrahim; S�c�ll�, Ilker; Y�cel, Erg�n; Balta, Ahmet Ziya; �zdemir, Yavuz // Gulhane Medical Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p326
Gossypiboma is uncommon and used to describe a retained surgical swab in the body after an operation. Although, intestinal obstruction occurs frequently after postoperative adhesions, gossyipiboma can be seen as a rare cause. In this article, we report an 80 year-old woman who was operated for...