Component Cleanliness in a No-Clean World
- Electron-Level Dynamics in the Presence of Impurities and the Ruijsenaarsï¿½Schneider Model. Marikhin, V. G. // JETP Letters;1/10/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p44
The dynamic equations for the energy level of a finite system with impurities are shown to be equivalent to the rational Ruijsenaars-Schneider system. The action, which is simultaneously the generating function of the Bï¿½cklund canonical transformation for this system, is calculated. Various...
- Perturbation of the cathode fall in direct-current glow discharges by particulate contamination. Choi, Seung J.; McCaughey, Michael J.; Sommerer, Timothy J.; Kushner, Mark J. // Applied Physics Letters;12/9/1991, Vol. 59 Issue 24, p3102
Investigates the effect of dust contamination in cathode falls (CF). Capability of particulate in perturbing transport of electrons; Decrease in ionization rate secondary to particulate contamination; Elevation of cathode fall voltage.
- Using re-association kinetics to identify impurities in p-type silicon. Sokolov, Yuri // Solid State Technology;Sep2004, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p55
Describes a new approach to in-line monitoring of impurities that pair with boron in p-type silicon based on recombination lifetime measurements performed by a commercially available surface-charge profiler tool. In-process control applications based on minority carrier recombination-lifetime...
- Neutron contamination of 10 MV X-rays: its relevance to treatment room door and maze design. P J Rudd; D Prior; S Austin-Smith // British Journal of Radiology;Jun2007, Vol. 80 Issue 954, p469
10 MV X-rays produced by linear accelerators are commonly used in radiotherapy. This paper demonstrates that neutron leakage cannot be neglected at 10 MV when direct access doors are used or when short mazes, typically less than 7 m in length, are employed. Measurements and calculations were...
- Scaling laws for particle growth in plasma reactors. Lemons, D.S.; Keinigs, R.K. // Applied Physics Letters;1/29/1996, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p613
Evaluates a scaling model for the identification of particulate contaminants in plasma reactors. Details on the functional use of particle-growth model; Growth of predator particles through adsorption of protoparticles; Use of scanning electron microscopy in differentiating undetected particles.
- Enhanced surface/interface recombination and surface inversion of Ni decorated Si/Si(Ge)/Si heterostructures. Zhou, T. Q.; Buczkowski, A.; Radzimski, Z. J.; Rozgonyi, G. A. // Journal of Applied Physics;6/15/1993, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p8412
Discusses a study on which focused on electron beam induced current (EBIC) variations in images of strain relaxed epitaxial Si/Si(Ge)/Si wafers contaminated with nickel. Effects of nickel on electronic devices; Results of computer simulations for trajectories of incident electrons and EBIC...
- Removal of Toxic Impurities from Air by Pulsed Electron Beams. Novoselov, Yu. N. // High Energy Chemistry;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p361
The results of experimental studies on the removal of various impurities from gas mixtures excited by pulsed electron beams are presented. As found, it is the use of pulsed beams that ensures a significantly decrease in power consumption for the removal of impurities, as compared with continuous...
- Haze control: Reticle/environment interactions at 193nm. Johnstone, Eric V.; Chovino, Christian; Reyes, Julio; Dieu, Laurent // Solid State Technology;May2004, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p69
Focuses on the haze formation and accelerated lifetime testing of mask at 193nm environment. Contamination analysis; Use of ion chromatography; Environmental analysis of lithographic tool and ambient near tool; Control of haze.
- Study of the structural photoinduced dynamics of a solid Kr matrix with an NO impurity. Palacios, J. C. Castro; Velazquez, L.; Rojas-Lorenzo, G.; Rubayo-Soneira, J. // European Physical Journal D -- Atoms, Molecules, Clusters & Opti;Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p149
In the present work we studied the immediate medium response to the excitation to the A(3sÏƒ) Rydberg state of NO impurity embedded in a solid Kr matrix. The excitation, extended over a large range of the lattice was investigated by classical molecular dynamics simulations. This has been done...