Corporate Social Responsibilities of Indian Public Sector Enterprises- A case study of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- PUBLIC SECTOR. // India Business Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the public sector of India as of September 1, 2014. The Fuel Flexible Supercritical Boiler has been developed by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL). Power generation utility Damodar Valley Corp. (DVC) has warned Jharkhand, India that it will stop...
- PUBLIC SECTOR. // India Business Journal;Nov2015, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p10
The article offers public sector news briefs as of November 2015. Topics discussed include several utility power projects started by Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL), plans of public sector enterprise Hindustan Copper to restart its Surda mine expansion project work, and appointment of I. S. Jha...
- BHEL wins first overseas contract. // International Power Generation;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
Reports that in late 1999 India's Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) won its first overseas contract with a company in South Africa called ESKOM.
- BHEL & 5 PSUs to set up world's largest solar plant. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;2/9/2014, p16
The article reports on the initial agreement signed by six public sector units (PSUs) or state-owned firms, including Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) and Power Grid Corp., which aims to establish an ultra mega solar project in Rajasthan, India. Topics discussed include the Memorandum of...
- Bailing out of business. Bhargava, Subodh // India Today;9/1/2014, p23
The article discusses loss making public sector undertakings (PSUs) and suggests divestment as a solution. It notes the possible opposition from government servants and vote banks who resist privatization. It recommends stopping the losses, put the PSUs on sale, adoption of best management...
- Bhel commissions second 800 mw boiler at krishnapatnam. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;4/5/2015, p35
The article reports that power plant equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has commissioned a second 800 megawatt (MW) boiler at Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Plant (SDSTPP) at Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- WRI and Leibniz University to Develop Power Source Evaluation Center. // Welding Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the agreement between Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)'s Welding Research Institute (WRI) in Tiruchirappalli, India and Leibniz University of Hannover in Germany intended to develop the Center for Welding Power Source Evaluation.
- New manufacturing facilities in India. // Electronics Bazaar;Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p98
The article offers information on a ultra mega solar power project (UMSPP) in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India from Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and a 50 Megawatt (MW) solar Photovoltaic (PV) plant in Pune, India from Welspun Energy Ltd.
- Alstom to supply boilers to BHEL. // Power Watch India;May2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that Alstom has been tapped by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited to supply components and services for the 2x800 megawatt Gadarwara super thermal power plant at Narsingpur in Madhya Pradesh, India with a contract worth approximately 100 million euros.