- Female Drinkers Less Likely to Gain Weight. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on a study which reveals that normal-weight women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol are likely to gain less weight and are less likely to become overweight compared to non-drinkers.
- Toast to your health. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p21
Discusses health and environmental benefits of drinking red wine.
- When it's not all beer and skittles... // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p58
Presents information on the 2002 Manchester Beer Challenge which was held in June and July in England. Winner of the Manchester Beer Kings of the Year title; Sponsors of the event.
- Alcohol: clearing the decks for action. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/8/82, Vol. 284 Issue 6326, p1360
Reports the state of alcoholism in Great Britain. Response of the government to alcohol problems; Statistics of alcohol consumptions; Lists of voluntary organizations against alcoholism.
- Cheers to Natural Remedies. // Massage & Bodywork;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p13
Delves into drinking during the holiday season. Importance of drinking moderately; Remedies you can use to ease the tension included in the hang-over syndrome; Other tips you have to consider when drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Social Marketing and Consumer Behavior: Influencing the Decision To Reduce Alcohol Consumption. Darian, Jean C. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p413
Studies the problem of alcohol abuse on a college campus using a marketing approach. Drinking behavior and consequences; Social environment at the college; Attitudes, beliefs and knowledge; Problem recognition; Source of information; Evaluative criteria; Substitute activities; Counselling;...
- Identification and treatment of alcohol use in adolescents. // American Family Physician;7/1/96, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p301
Reports on a study conducted by Werner and Adger published in the 1995 issue of the `Archives of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine' periodical concerning the early identification, screening and brief intervention for adolescent alcohol use. Survey of high school seniors who use alcohol; Importance...
- Report on alcohol consumption and violence. Rose, Vera L. // American Family Physician;04/15/98, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p2014
Presents information on a report published by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) in relation to association between alcohol and violence. What causes violence; Effects of alcohol; Contact information avialable.
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome. // American Family Physician;03/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, Following p1881
Discusses the alcohol withdrawal syndrome, a set of symptoms that people experience when they suddenly stop drinking after using alcohol for a long time. Help that doctors can provide for people in withdrawal; Role of family and friends for people going through withdrawal.