- Malva. // Reactions Weekly;2/19/2011, Issue 1339, p27
The article describes the case of a 59-year-old woman who presented with dyspepsia and who had been drinking Malva grandifolia juice for her dyspeptic complaints.
- Female Drinkers Less Likely to Gain Weight. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on a study which reveals that normal-weight women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol are likely to gain less weight and are less likely to become overweight compared to non-drinkers.
- Toast to your health. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p21
Discusses health and environmental benefits of drinking red wine.
- When it's not all beer and skittles... // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p58
Presents information on the 2002 Manchester Beer Challenge which was held in June and July in England. Winner of the Manchester Beer Kings of the Year title; Sponsors of the event.
- Cheers to Natural Remedies. // Massage & Bodywork;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p13
Delves into drinking during the holiday season. Importance of drinking moderately; Remedies you can use to ease the tension included in the hang-over syndrome; Other tips you have to consider when drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Social Marketing and Consumer Behavior: Influencing the Decision To Reduce Alcohol Consumption. Darian, Jean C. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p413
Studies the problem of alcohol abuse on a college campus using a marketing approach. Drinking behavior and consequences; Social environment at the college; Attitudes, beliefs and knowledge; Problem recognition; Source of information; Evaluative criteria; Substitute activities; Counselling;...
- Brandy loses its medicinal status. Felton, Greg // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/28/93, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p39
Considers the controversy triggered by the decision of the Alberta Liquor Control Board to discontinue the prescription program for elders that allowed them to buy brandy at a discount. Both the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Alberta Medical Association concluded that brandy...
- Are We Using More Alcohol? // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p2
Studies the relation between alcohol use and preventable death in the U.S.
- Party Safely Stay Sober. // Body Bulletin;Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p4
Lists precautions to prevent injuries due to too much alcohol intake during holiday parties.