Management by Values: A Case Study
- IMPLEMENTATION - THE GUTS OF MBO. McConkey, Dale D. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Summer72, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
Deals with the adoption of management by objectives (MBO) by companies. Reasons behind the failure of MBO in some companies; Preparations for MBO; Approaches to the implementation of MBO; Tips on seeking outside assistance for MBO implementation.
- STRATEGY MEETS REALITY. Wheatley, Malcolm // PM Network;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p36
The article offers tips on how to measure the alignment of project portfolios and strategic objectives.
- Management by objectives revisited. Villareal, John J. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring74, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on management by objectives (MBO) in complex business organizations. Features of the MBO theory; Approaches to congruency between organizational and individual goals under the MBO theory; Implementation plan that could help eliminate the troubles associated with MBO.
- Balanced Organizational Values: From Theory to Practice. Malbašić, Ivan; Rey, Carlos; Potočan, Vojko // Journal of Business Ethics;Aug2015, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p437
Theories of organization and management have offered several concepts and models which indicate that organizational values are an important factor for running organizations successfully. A still unexplained question concerns the creation of balanced organizational values, which can support the...
- Team Alignment. Ayers, Keith // Leadership Excellence;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p14
The author stresses the importance of team alignment to a business. He discusses the three essential components of team alignment, namely purpose, values and vision. Also mentioned are obstacles to alignment, including self-interest. He suggests things that U.S. President Barack Obama must do to...
- CORPORATE EXPERIENCE WITH MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES. Kendall, Edward L. // Industrial Management;Apr73, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p4
Summarizes the experience of major industrial firms with management by objectives application in their business operations. Concept of management by objectives approach; Advantages of the approach; Functions of management.
- Micromanagers, Unite! Hanft, Adam // Inc.;Dec2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p128
Focuses on the micromanagement of businesses in the U.S. Definition of micromanagement; Significance of micromangement to businesses; Perception of employees on micromanagers.
- How to develop and execute your plan. Parry, Clint // Inside Tucson Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p11
The article offers information on how to increase the business' value as well as utilizing the right resources for the process in Arizona. It has been suggested that a business that depends on the owner can create a significant barrier to properly exiting the business. It is essential for the...
- Most new ideas fail, ask and test before you invest. Murtagh, Joe // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p9
Focuses on the failure of new business ideas implemented over the last three decades in the U.S. Realization of every organization that innovative ideas that lead to change are critical for survival and growth; Development of a clear statement of the objective by various organizations;...