- Measuring left ventricular volume and ejection fraction with the biplane Simpson's method. Otterstad, J.E. // Heart;Dec2002, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p559
Editorial. Comments on problems with two-dimensional echocardiographic measurements of left ventricular volume and ejection fraction with the biplane Simpson's method. Degree of reproducibility of echocardiographic measurements; Preservation of left ventricular systolic function; Correction of...
- Flecainide. // Reactions Weekly;5/12/2012, Issue 1401, p17
The article describes the case of a 22-year-old woman who developed Brugada-like electrocardiogram (ECG) changes with subsequent degeneration in ventricular fibrillation after receiving flecainide.
- Congenital Left Ventricular Diverticulum Manifested as T-Wave Inversion in a Child. Wei Wang; Weihua Zhu; Yujia Wang; Jianhua Li; Fangqi Gong // Pediatric Cardiology;Aug2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p881
Congenital diverticulum of the ventricle is a rare disease, but most cases of congenital left ventricular diverticula are asymptomatic. We present a child with congenital left ventricular diverticulum whose routine electrocardiographic examination showed T-wave inversion in inferior and V4 to V6...
- Exercise-Induced Ventricular Fibrillation: Seven Years Follow-Up. Gemici, G�kmen; Erdim, Refik; Oktay, Ahmet // Balkan Medical Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p448
We present a 7-year follow-up of a 55-year-old male who experienced ventricular fibrillation during the recovery period of exercise testing and refused implantation of an ICD. Normal left ventricular systolic function was found on echocardiographic examination, and coronary angiography revealed...
- Is coronary angiography an adequate diagnostic test to evaluate a young febrile patient with ST elevation? Karabay, Can Yücel; Kalayci, Arzu; Aung, Soe Moe; Güler, Ahmet; Kirma, Cevat // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;May2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p272
The article presents a case study of a 31 year old male who was brought to the hospital after 15 minutes of cardiac arrest. He was defibrillated after the diagnosis of ventricular fibrillation. He was then transferred to intensive care unit. After his discharge transthoracic echocardiography...
- Methylphenidate. // Reactions Weekly;3/17/2012, Issue 1393, p29
The article describes the case of a young man who developed ventricular fibrillation after receiving methylphenidate.
- Nitroglycerin. // Reactions Weekly;9/3/2011, Issue 1367, p30
The article describes the case of a 42-year-old man who experienced ventricular fibrillation arrest after receiving sublingual nitroglycerin for chest pain.
- Acute severe occlusion of the left main coronary artery following transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Gül, Mehmet; Türen, Selahattin; Sürgit, Özgür; Aksu, Hale Ünal; Uslu, Nevzat // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;May2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p282
The article presents a case study of an 86 year old female with medical history of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hypertension and coronary artery disease. Echocardiography performed revealed aortic stenosis. Computed tomography was used to measure the distance between annulus and...
- Amiodarone. // Reactions Weekly;9/8/2012, Issue 1418, p9
The article describes the case of a 59-year-old woman who developed a prolonged QTc interval, torsade de pointes and ventricular fibrillation while being treated with amiodarone for sustained monomorphic ventricular tachycardia.