Unusual presentation of SjÃ¶gren syndrome: Multiple parotid cysts
- Include SjÃ¶gren's in your differential diagnosis of dry eye. Morgan, Daniel R. // Primary Care Optometry News;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the diagnosis and symptoms of the systemic autoimmune disease SjÃ¶gren's syndrome.
- Ä°lk Bulgusu Epilepsi Nbeti Olan Primer Sjgren Sendromu: Olgu Sunumu. Rabia Ko, Emine; Dzgn, lkhan; Ersoy, Alevtina; ılhan, Atilla // Turkish Journal of Neurology / Turk Noroloji Dergisi;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p33
SjÃ¶gren's syndrome is a relatively common autoimmune disorder, affecting 2-3% of the adult population. It is characterized by lymphocytic infiltration and destruction of the exocrine glands. Neurological involvement occurs in approximately 20% of patients with primary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome....
- Cysts of the fossa of Rosenmï¿½ller: Report of two cases. Lloyd, Simon K. W.; Di Cuffa, Riccardo A.; Seymour, Felicity K.; Savy, Lloyd E.; Grant, Henry R. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 89 Issue 8, pE19
Cystic lesions of the nasopharynx are rare. Two cases of mucous retention cysts originating from the fossa of Rosenmï¿½ller are described, together with their characteristic radiologic appearance, which allows differentiation from other types of lesions in this region. The differential...
- Subcutaneous Cystic Swelling on Forearm. Altaf, Momin Yasmin; Pradeep, Kulkarni Medha; Dattatraya, Deshmukh Bhakti; Ranjitsingh, Sulhyan Kalpana // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p1
A quiz about diagnosing the subcutaneous cystic swelling on the forearm of a 55-year-old woman is presented.
- Facial nerve palsy associated with a cystic lesion of the temporal bone. Na Hyun Kim; Seung-Ho Shin // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p104
Facial nerve palsy results in the loss of facial expression and is most commonly caused by a benign, self-limiting inflammatory condition known as Bell palsy. However, there are other conditions that may cause facial paralysis, such as neoplastic conditions of the facial nerve, traumatic nerve...
- Sjogren's Syndrome -- A case report. Ashish, Kakkad // Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy;Apr-Jun 2012, Vol. 6 Issue `2, p68
The article presents a case study of a 35-year old female with Sjogren's Syndrome. The patient was prescribed for Anti-Nuclear Antibody Immunofluorescence assay test and Extractable Nuclear Antigen (ENA) Profile 3 EUROLINE. She was investigated for Haemogram report for total count and...
- Parotid Gland Mass as the Presenting Symptom of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. Verim, Ayşegül; Çalım, Ömer Faruk; Yüksel, Özge Düzcı; Naiboğlu, Barış; Karaca, Çiğdem Tepe // Medical Bulletin of Haseki / Haseki Tip Bulteni;Jun2014, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p130
Even though metastatic tumors of the parotid gland are rarely seen, they are observed more frequently than other salivary gland metastatic masses. The reason why this gland is more frequently affected by metastatic tumors as compared to other salivary glands relies on the higher number of...
- Intrathoracic cystic hygroma with sudden respiratory distress mimicking pneumonia. Goneppanavar, Umesh; Prasad, K. N.; Rao, Shwethapriya; Chaudhury, Souvik // Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p154
Benign cystic lesions such as cystic hygroma commonly manifest as progressively increasing swelling in the neck with or without compression effects. Rarely, they present with sudden respiratory distress in instances such as infection or haematoma resulting in a sudden increase in the size of the...
- Coexistence of SjÃ¶gren's syndrome and sarcoidosis (Heerfordt syndrome). ŞlMŞEK, Abdullah; YEŞİLER, Fatma Irem; CANBAKAN, Sema; ERTšRK, Arzu; €APAN, Nermin // Asthma Allergy Immunology / Astim Allerji Immunoloji;Sep2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p134
Individuals with sarcoidosis can exhibit clinical features similar to those of SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. Several literature evidence suggest a true coexistence of the two diseases. In this study, we report a case of coexisting sarcoidosis and SjÃ¶gren's syndrome.