Unusual presentation of Sjï¿½gren syndrome: Multiple parotid cysts
- Include SjÃ¶gren's in your differential diagnosis of dry eye. Morgan, Daniel R. // Primary Care Optometry News;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the diagnosis and symptoms of the systemic autoimmune disease SjÃ¶gren's syndrome.
- Ilk Bulgusu Epilepsi Nbeti Olan Primer Sjgren Sendromu: Olgu Sunumu. Rabia Ko, Emine; Dzgn, lkhan; Ersoy, Alevtina; ilhan, Atilla // Turkish Journal of Neurology / Turk Noroloji Dergisi;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p33
Sjï¿½gren's syndrome is a relatively common autoimmune disorder, affecting 2-3% of the adult population. It is characterized by lymphocytic infiltration and destruction of the exocrine glands. Neurological involvement occurs in approximately 20% of patients with primary Sjï¿½gren's...
- Cysts of the fossa of Rosenmï¿½ller: Report of two cases. Lloyd, Simon K. W.; Di Cuffa, Riccardo A.; Seymour, Felicity K.; Savy, Lloyd E.; Grant, Henry R. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 89 Issue 8, pE19
Cystic lesions of the nasopharynx are rare. Two cases of mucous retention cysts originating from the fossa of Rosenmï¿½ller are described, together with their characteristic radiologic appearance, which allows differentiation from other types of lesions in this region. The differential...
- Subcutaneous Cystic Swelling on Forearm. Altaf, Momin Yasmin; Pradeep, Kulkarni Medha; Dattatraya, Deshmukh Bhakti; Ranjitsingh, Sulhyan Kalpana // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p1
A quiz about diagnosing the subcutaneous cystic swelling on the forearm of a 55-year-old woman is presented.
- Sjogren's Syndrome -- A case report. Ashish, Kakkad // Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy;Apr-Jun 2012, Vol. 6 Issue `2, p68
The article presents a case study of a 35-year old female with Sjogren's Syndrome. The patient was prescribed for Anti-Nuclear Antibody Immunofluorescence assay test and Extractable Nuclear Antigen (ENA) Profile 3 EUROLINE. She was investigated for Haemogram report for total count and...
- Intrathoracic cystic hygroma with sudden respiratory distress mimicking pneumonia. Goneppanavar, Umesh; Prasad, K. N.; Rao, Shwethapriya; Chaudhury, Souvik // Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p154
Benign cystic lesions such as cystic hygroma commonly manifest as progressively increasing swelling in the neck with or without compression effects. Rarely, they present with sudden respiratory distress in instances such as infection or haematoma resulting in a sudden increase in the size of the...
- Coexistence of SjÃ¶gren's syndrome and sarcoidosis (Heerfordt syndrome). ŞlMŞEK, Abdullah; YEŞİLER, Fatma Irem; CANBAKAN, Sema; ERTšRK, Arzu; €APAN, Nermin // Asthma Allergy Immunology / Astim Allerji Immunoloji;Sep2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p134
Individuals with sarcoidosis can exhibit clinical features similar to those of SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. Several literature evidence suggest a true coexistence of the two diseases. In this study, we report a case of coexisting sarcoidosis and SjÃ¶gren's syndrome.
- Clinical analysis of masses arising from the accessory parotid gland: report of 32 cases. LIU Ying; YANG Xiao; JI Tong; ZHONG Lai-ping; ZHANG Chen-ping; ZHANG Zhi-yuan // China Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p62
PURPOSE: To analyze accessory parotid lesions in terms of clinical appearance, clinical differential diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. METHODS: From April 1999 to November 2008, 32 patients with accessory parotid lesions was treated. The patients' general condition, clinical symptoms and...
- A Misdiagnosis Led to an Extensive Skull Base Surgery: Infratemporal Tuberculosis Mimicking Giant Cell Tumor. Farshchi, Samireh; Hasibi, Mehrdad; Ashtiani, Mohammad; Yazdani, Nasrin; Mokhtari, Zahra; Farshchi, Amir // Indian Journal of Otolaryngology & Head & Neck Surgery;Jan2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p83
Tuberculosis is a major health problem in developing countries. Tuberculosis of the infratemporal region is not common and the diagnosis could be complicated because of the similarity of the presentation to neoplasm. In our paper, we report a 49 year old male presented with a preauricular mass...