Oral lichen planus
- Increased miRNA-146a and miRNA-155 expressions in oral lichen planus. Arão, Telma; Guimarães, André; Paula, Alfredo; Gomes, Carolina; Gomez, Ricardo // Archives of Dermatological Research;Jul2012, Vol. 304 Issue 5, p371
Oral lichen planus (OLP) is a chronic inflammatory disease T helper 1 lymphocytes (Th1)-mediated. Interferon-gamma (IFN-Î³) plays a central role in local immune response in this disease. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are endogenously expressed non-coding RNAs that have important biological and...
- Oral lesions, in images. Watkins, Jean // Independent Nurse;Apr2014, p4
No abstract available.
- Green tea consumption: an alternative approach to managing oral lichen planus. Zhang, Jing; Zhou, Gang // Inflammation Research;Jun2012, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p535
Oral lichen planus (OLP) is a T-cell-mediated inflammatory autoimmune disease, whose pathogenesis includes both antigen-specific and non-specific mechanisms. Antigen-specific mechanisms in OLP consist of antigen presentation, lymphocyte activation, proliferation and migration as well as...
- Increased B7-H1 Expression on Peripheral Blood T Cells in Oral Lichen Planus Correlated with Disease Severity. Zhou, Gang; Zhang, Jing; Ren, Xiang-wei; Hu, Jing-yu; Du, Ge-fei; Xu, Xue-yi // Journal of Clinical Immunology;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p794
Background: Oral lichen planus (OLP) is a chronic and T cell-mediated autoimmune disease whose immunopathogenesis may involve antigen-presentation, T cells activation and migration as well as keratinocytes apoptosis. PD-1/B7-H1 pathway may have a unique function in regulating self-reactive T...
- Possible link between Hashimoto's thyroiditis and oral lichen planus: a novel association found. Lo Muzio, Lorenzo; Santarelli, Andrea; Campisi, Giuseppina; Lacaita, MariaGrazia; Favia, Gianfranco // Clinical Oral Investigations;Jan2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p333
Objectives: Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well as lichen planus has been associated to a number of disorders, generally of auto-immune origin. A novel possible association between oral lichen planus (OLP) and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (HT) is here proposed on the basis of a cross-sectional survey....
- Oral lichen planus treated with tacrolimus 0.1%. Resende, João Paulo Marinho; das Graças Afonso Miranda Chaves, Maria; Aarestrup, Fernando Monteiro; Aarestrup, Beatriz Vieira; Olate, Sergio; Netto, Henrique Duque // International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Medicine;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p917
Oral lichen planus (OLP) is considered a chronic autoimmune inflammatory disease and its presence may be related to increased emotional stress. The clinical relevance of OLP is the possibility of developing a squamous cell carcinoma, the etiology of which is still unknown. The aim of this study...
- Changes in peripheral innervation and nociception in reticular type and erosive type of oral lichen planus. Chattipakorn, Siriporn; Ittichaicharoen, Jitjiroj; Rangdaeng, Samreung; Chattipakorn, Nipon // Indian Journal of Dental Research;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p678
Background: Oral lichen planus (OLP) is a chronic inflammatory lesion in oral mucosa. Reticular (OLP-R) and erosive (OLP-E) types of OLP are the common forms that have been found in dental clinics. The aim of this investigation is to determine the correlation between neurogenic inflammation and...
- Liszaj pÅ‚aski bÅ‚ony Å›luzowej jamy ustnej. Krasowska, Dorota // Dermatology Review / Przeglad Dermatologiczny;2012, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p730
No abstract available.
- Pharmacology: Potency rankings. Carrozzo, M. // British Dental Journal;8/8/2014, Vol. 217 Issue 3, p107
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the use of Betnovate (betamethasone valerate) cream for the treatment of erosive oral lichen planus (OLP).