- In pursuit of bibliographical happiness for all. Brandehoff, Susan E. // American Libraries;May81, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p246
Profiles Hugh Atkinson, a librarian at the University of Illinois/Urbana. Reading interests; Personal style; Fondness for motorcycling; Educational background; Contributions to the university's library system.
- State Library hosts 16 international librarians. // Insight;Nov/Dec2006, p2
The article reports that the Illinois State Library has welcomed 16 international librarians through its Illinois Library Host Program, in partnership with the Mortenson Center for International Library Programs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Information on the Illinois...
- 1998 Grad Stephanie Davis: Embracing Technology. Oder, Norman // Library Journal;10/15/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p42
Profiles Stephanie Davis who graduated from the Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Position that she accepted at the University of South Carolina as a reference librarian; Technology and computer networks that she...
- Wells wealth. Seaman, Donna // American Libraries;Jan93, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p70
Focuses on the Rare Book and Special Collections Library at the University of Illinois/Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Ill. Home to the renowned H.G. Wells Archive since the 1950s; New acquisitions include letters and other items; Detailed efforts in the 1930s to win political asylum in great Britain...
- Sensitivity of NMR technique boosted. // R&D Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the development of 0.4 mm microcoil by researchers at the University of Illinois's Beckman Institute. Aims of the 0.4 mm microcoil.
- 23. MARKET AREA STUDIES. Breyer, Ralph F. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1949, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p549
An abstract for the article "University of Illinois" is presented.
- Five Years of Florida Book Challenges. Shader, Robin // Florida Libraries;Spring2014, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p6
The article offers the author's insight on her five years experience of Florida book challenges in schools and public libraries from 2009 to 2013. She mentions her first book challenges in the late 1990s while she was working as children's librarian at the Ocean County (Public) Library in New...
- Pinnell-Stephens, Texas Group Win Downs Awards. // American Libraries;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the 2003 Robert B. Downs Intellectual Freedom Award given by the faculty of the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to Alaska librarian June Pinnell-Stephens and the Texas advocacy group Mainstream Montgomery County. ...
- Champaign uncorked. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;10/9/95, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p19
Focuses on the technology transfer efforts of the University of Illinois in Champaign. Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging advancements as an example; Creation of a Research Technology Management Office; Little patent income from the efforts; Lawsuit against Netscape Communications Corp. INSET:...