Block and replace therapy using propylthiouracil and levothyroxine for Graves' disease during pregnancy
- Intermittent diplopia a diagnostic challenge. Digre, Kathleen B.; Charters, Lynda // Ophthalmology Times;7/1/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p13
The article discusses the benign and serious causes of intermittent diplopia, which is very difficult eye disease to be diagnosed. It is given that benign can occur commonly as a result of dry eye and orbital-related problems, such as superior oblique myokymia and early Graves' disease. Serious...
- ParÃ¡lisis hipocalÃ©mica tirotÃ³xica. Informe de un caso y revisiÃ³n de la bibliografÃa. Castillo-Ramírez, Ayurabid; Velázquez-Figueroa, Juan Manuel; Rosales-Salyano, Víctor Hugo; Ochoa-Hein, Eric // Revista Medica del Hospital General de Mexico;abr-jun2011, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p87
Thyrotoxic hypokalemic periodic paralysis is an acute neuromuscular disorder characterized by reversible muscle weakness associated with thyrotoxicosis. It is considered an uncommon complication of thyrotoxicosis, and it presents more frequently in patients with Graves' disease. Muscular...
- Beyond the Graves. Knight, Mike // Indianapolis Monthly;Nov2002, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p116
Focuses on the chronic condition of the eyes called the Graves' disease suffered by the author and the psychological effect it had on the author. Description of the disease; Diagnosis of the author's condition by the doctor; Change in the author's lifestyle due to the disease.
- Had your eyes checked lately? Edry, Sharon // Self;Mar2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on some eye health problems. Information on Graves' disease; Cause of extreme redness and swelling of the eye; Indications of yellow streaks on the eyelids.
- Delayed Graves' Ophthalmopathy. Nebesio, Todd D.; Eugster, Erica A. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/6/2010, Vol. 362 Issue 18, pe60
The article describes the clinical care of an 18-year-old man who developed delayed Graves' ophthalmopathy.
- Graves' ophthalmopathy: diagnosis and management. Prummel, Mark F. // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine;2000, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p373
Discusses the diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmopathy associated with Graves' hyperthyroidism. Symptoms of Graves' ophthalmopathy; Assessment of the activity of Graves' ophthalmopathy; Performance of the octreoscan or octreotide scanning in ophthalmopathy; Management of Graves' ophthalmopathy.
- 2001-An Ocular Odyssey: Lessons Learned from 25 Years of Surgical Treatment for Graves Eye Disease. Del Monte, Monte A. // American Orthoptic Journal;2002, Vol. 52, p40
Presents a study on surgical treatment of graves eye disease. Methods; Surgical results; Conclusion.
- Thyroid and Pregnancy. Vaidya, Bijay; Negro, Roberto; Poppe, Kris; Rovet, Joanne // Journal of Thyroid Research;2011, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including the role of thyroid hormones in the development of fetus, management of maternal hypothyroxinaemia and levothyroxine replacement in pregnancy.
- Treatment of Neonatal Graves' Disease with Sodium Ipodate. Joshi, Renu; Kulin, Howard E. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1993, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p181
This article focuses on treatment of neonatal Graves' Disease with Sodium Ipodate. Graves' disease is a relatively common endocrinopathy during pregnancy, appearing in 1 of 1,000 women with otherwise normal gestations. Approximately 1 of 70 neonates born to mothers with a history of...