Anesthetic Management of Necrotizing Fasciitis
- Recruitment methods employed in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial. // Clinical Trials;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p52
No abstract available.
- Necrotizing fasciitis: A diagnostic challenge. Meltzer, Daniel L.; Kabongo, Martin // American Family Physician;7/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p145
Focuses on necrotizing fasciitis, a deep infection of the subcutaneous tissues that results in progressive destruction of fat and fascia. Predisposing factor for necrotizing fasciitis caused by infection with group A streptococci; Clinical manifestations of necrotizing fasciitis; Diagnosis and...
- Group A Streptococcus and Necrotizing Fasciitis. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;11/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p2086
Presents a summary of the article `Rapid identification of group A streptococcus as the cause of necrotizing fasciitis,' by M.J. Ault, et al from the journal `Annals of Emergency Medicine' dated 1996. Method used in the study; Clinical diagnosis of necrotizing fasciitis; Results of the study;...
- The infection that eats patients alive. Ruth-Sahd, Lisa A.; Pirrung, Mary; Ferraro, Julia // RN;Mar97, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the management of necrotizing fasciitis. Surgical debridement; Antibiotic therapy; Analgesia; Skin care; Pain management; Nutritional support; Monitoring diagnostic studies; Physical activity; Consultations; Psychological support; Patient education; Discharge planning. INSET:...
- Necrotizing Fasciitis: A Fourteen-Year Retrospective Study of 13 Consecutive Patients. Childers, Ben J.; Potyondy, Louis D.; Nachreiner, Ryan; Rogers, Frank R.; Childers, Ellyn R.; Oberg, Kerby C.; Hendricks, Douglas L.; Hardesty, Robert A. // American Surgeon;Feb2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p109
This review was prompted by continued public and professional interest of necrotizing fasciitis as well as worldwide increases in the incidence of streptococcal invasive infections. Our objective was to outline the clinical course of necrotizing fasciitis and delineate factors relating to...
- Expression of concern: necrotizing fasciitis, literature review of contemporary strategies for diagnosing and management with three case reports: torso, abdominal wall, upper and lower limbs. Catena, Fausto; Moore, Frederick // World Journal of Emergency Surgery;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
No abstract available.
- Necrotizing fasciitis often can be managed conservatively. Charters, Lynda // Ophthalmology Times;6/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p36
Discusses a report on the safety and effectiveness of conservative management of necrotizing faciitis of the eyelids, consisting of delayed or no surgical debridement. Mortality rate carried by necrotizing faciitis of the scalp and upper face; Causes of the infection; Comparison of patients...
- A true holiday tale: Read at arm's length. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p12
Focuses on a male columnist's encounter with the disease called necrotizing fasciitis. Rarity of the disease; Estimated number of people contracting the disease each day in the United States; Inflamed area on the left elbow; Treatment of flesh-eating disease.
- Diclofenac. // Reactions Weekly;7/1/2013, Issue 1459, p17
The article presents a case study of 44-year-old man diagnosed with Nicolau's syndrome while administering diclofenac for necrostising fasciitis.