Honda Motor Case Study
- Element of hope. Hargreaves, Ben // Professional Engineering;11/21/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p29
The article reports that carmakers Honda Motor Co. Ltd., General Motors Corp., and BMW Manufacturing Corp. will consider hydrogen as a feasible fuel. Honda will make its hydrogen fuel cell FCX (Fuel Cell eXperimental) Clarity available to Californian consumers in 2008. General Motors will test...
- Honda's hydrogen car is smooth but has quirks. Thomas, Ken // North Texas Automotive Report;Nov2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
The article evaluates the Honda FCX Clarity hydrogen fuel cell vehicles from Honda Motor Co. Ltd.
- Honda sees fuel cell vehicles profitable by '25. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;3/11/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6559, p46
The article reports on the statement of Takahashi Moriya, senior chief engineer at Honda Motor Co. Ltd. saying that his company has been expecting fuel cell vehicles to be profitable in 2025 when the prices of fuel cell vehicles rival gasoline vehicles.
- Are fuel cells still feasible? Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;7/ 2/2013, p7
The article speculates on the feasibility of fuel cells for vehicles as it offers information on some of the fuel cell research conducted by General Motors (GM) and Honda as of July 2013. It notes that the two companies just sealed an agreement to co-develop next-generation fuel cell system and...
- FCX Goes Public. // Popular Mechanics;Jan2008, Vol. 185 Issue 1, p30
The article offers information on the FCX, a fuel cell concept vehicle from Honda Motor Co. Ltd. It reports that the company has announced the launch of a production prototype of the vehicle for limited circulation among the customers. It mentions that the car will be given to a selected group...
- Fuel Cell Hybrid Bus. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jun2007, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p24
The article reports that New England's first zero-emission fuel cell-powered hybrid bus has entered service on the streets of Hartford, Connecticut. The benefits of the hybrid bus include zero harmful tailpipe emissions, smooth and quiet operation, and fuel efficiency that is expected to be two...
- Hydrogen vehicles set for everyday use - at a price. // Click Green Newsletter;3/16/2012, Issue 12, p5
The article reports that the hydrogen-powered street cleaning vehicles have been anticipated positively by the city cleaning services despite the disadvantage of high cost of fuel cell systems.
- Honda Unveils New Fuel Cell Concept Vehicle. // Motor Age;Dec2006, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p46
The article reports on the launch of the FCX Concept fuel cell vehicle by Honda Motor Co. The concept has a maximum top speed of 100 mph, and has a travel range of more than 350 miles. FCX Concept is equipped with a V Flow fuel cell platform with the FC Stack arranged in a center-tunnel layout,...
- Honda boss Fukui says industry has to have fuel cells to survive. Bongard, Arjen // Automotive News Europe;10/29/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p8
The article presents the views of Honda President Takeo Fukui on the sales of fuel cell-powered vehicles. Fukui said that he expects the sales of these vehicles to start in the next 10 years. He said the two main obstacles in the development of fuel-cell technology are cost and how to produce...