- Commentary on: Psilocybin can occasion mystical-type experiences having substantial and sustained personal meaning and spiritual significance by Griffiths et al. Snyder, Solomon H. // Psychopharmacology;Aug2006, Vol. 187 Issue 3, p287
The article presents a commentary on an article about the psychological consequences of the effects of the hallucinogenic agent known as psilocybin. The different names attributed to the drug based on its different effects are revealed. The meaning of the term psychedelic is explained. The...
- Carbamazepine-induced hepato-splenomegaly with erythematous rashes in a child. Mittal, A.; Das, S. // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p268
Carbamazepine is an antiepileptic drug. In clinical trials the total incidence of reported adverse reaction to this drug is 4.5 per million at defined daily doses, corresponding to 2.7 per million at prescribed daily doses. Among the adverse reactions of carbamazepine, most often reported are...
- Phenytoin. // Reactions Weekly;5/14/2011, Issue 1351, p35
The article describes the case of a 54-year-old patient who suffered from erythema multiforme after being treated with phenytoin as a part of prophylactic anticonvulsant therapy.
- Zonisamide. // Reactions Weekly;Jun2014, Vol. 1505 Issue 1, p34
The article presents a case study of a 34-year old woman who developed psychosis when he was treated with zonisamide.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;1/11/2014, Issue 1483, p60
The article presents a case study of a 56-year-old man who developed encephalopathy during treatment with levetiracetam.
- Thiopental sodium. // Reactions Weekly;May2015, Vol. 1549 Issue 1, p235
The article presents a case study of a 25-year-old man who developed allergy during treatment with thiopental sodium for catatonic schizophrenia.
- Zonisamide. // Reactions Weekly;12/19/2015, Vol. 1582 Issue 1, p437
The article describes the case of elevated hepatic enzymes that developed in one patient during treatment with zonisamide.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;02/16/2013, Issue 1439, p22
The article presents a case study of a 50-year-old man with a history of partial complex seizures who experienced acute psychotic episode during treatment with antiepileptic levetiracetam.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;2/26/2011, Issue 1340, p27
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old woman who developed severe hyponatraemia after treatment with levetiracetam was initiated for a poorly defined urological condition.