- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;02/16/2013, Issue 1439, p22
The article presents a case study of a 50-year-old man with a history of partial complex seizures who experienced acute psychotic episode during treatment with antiepileptic levetiracetam.
- Phenytoin. // Reactions Weekly;5/14/2011, Issue 1351, p35
The article describes the case of a 54-year-old patient who suffered from erythema multiforme after being treated with phenytoin as a part of prophylactic anticonvulsant therapy.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;1/11/2014, Issue 1483, p60
The article presents a case study of a 56-year-old man who developed encephalopathy during treatment with levetiracetam.
- Levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;2/26/2011, Issue 1340, p27
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old woman who developed severe hyponatraemia after treatment with levetiracetam was initiated for a poorly defined urological condition.
- Carbamazepine-induced hepato-splenomegaly with erythematous rashes in a child. Mittal, A.; Das, S. // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p268
Carbamazepine is an antiepileptic drug. In clinical trials the total incidence of reported adverse reaction to this drug is 4.5 per million at defined daily doses, corresponding to 2.7 per million at prescribed daily doses. Among the adverse reactions of carbamazepine, most often reported are...
- Carbamazepine/phenytoin. // Reactions Weekly;6/22/2013, Issue 1458, p13
The article describes two case reports of Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) syndrome seen in a nine-year-old boy who received carbamazepine and in an 11-year-old boy who received phenytoin.
- Commentary on: Psilocybin can occasion mystical-type experiences having substantial and sustained personal meaning and spiritual significance by Griffiths et al. Snyder, Solomon H. // Psychopharmacology;Aug2006, Vol. 187 Issue 3, p287
The article presents a commentary on an article about the psychological consequences of the effects of the hallucinogenic agent known as psilocybin. The different names attributed to the drug based on its different effects are revealed. The meaning of the term psychedelic is explained. The...
- A Case of Prolonged Duration of Untreated Psychosis: Barriers to Treatment and Strategies to Improve the Outcome. Agarkar, Smita // Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p45
Several factors may contribute to increase in duration of untreated psychosis (DUP). In most cases, early intervention, namely psychopharmacological or psychosocial intervention, is done after first-episode psychosis. It is important to know what factors can contribute to duration of untreated...
- Diazepam/levier overdose. // Reactions Weekly;12/17/2011, Issue 1382, p18
The article describes the case of a 26-year-old woman, with a history of psychotic disorder and drug abuse, who developed unconsciousness, followed by a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and compartment syndrome, after an overdose of diazepam and levomepromazine.