Pseudohypoparathyroidism Presenting with Ventricular Arrhythmia: A Case Report
- Cetuximab. // Reactions Weekly;7/28/2012, Issue 1412, p13
The article describes the clinical cases of five patients who developed hypomagnesaemia after receiving cetuximab for matastatic colorectal cancer.
- Pseudohypoparathyroidism Type-II with Striopallidodentate calcification with positive anti glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody and seizures. Alaseri, Zohair; Owais Suriya, M.; Elnour, Galal H. // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p444
Pseudohypoparathyroidism (PHP) is disorder characterized by biological insensitivity of parathyroid hormone (PTH) at tissue level. There are several sub types of PHP have been described with identical features of increased resistance to PTH by kidney and bone with resultant biochemical features...
- Omeprazole. // Reactions Weekly;3/3/2012, Issue 1391, p32
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old man who developed hypomagnesaemia while under omeprazole treatment regimen.
- Hypomagnesaemia in an elderly patient: case report. // Reactions Weekly;8/27/2011, Issue 1366, p23
The article describes the case of a 67-year-old man who had a history of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, ischaemic heart disease and high blood pressure (BP), and received treatment with omeprazole but developed severe hypomagnesaemia.
- Gitelman syndrome with hyponatraemia, a rare presentation. Guedes-Marques, Maria; Silva, Cirstina; Ferreira, Emanuel; Mala, Pedro; Carreira, Armando; Campos, Mário // Nefrologia;2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p266
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the medical case of a 34-year-old woman with severe hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and mild hyponatremia and was diagnosed with Gitelman syndrome with hyponatraemia.
- Capecitabine. // Reactions Weekly;9/14/2013, Issue 1469, p13
An abstract of the article "Isolated hypomagnesemia in a patient treated with capecitabine," by S. Rajapakse and colleagues is presented.
- Vitamin D Dependent RicketsType ll : Late Onset Disease associated with Double Inlet Left Ventricle and Facial Dysmorphism. Rekha Harish; Ashu Jamwal; Deepak Kumar // JK Science;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p207
Vitamin D dependent rickets type II is a rare autosomal recessive disorder. It is characterised by end organ resistance to 1,25 dihydroxy cholecalciferol. Patients present with early onset rickets, alopecia, severe hypocalcemia and secondary hyperparathyroidism. We report a 7 year old girl who...
- Four cases of autosomal dominant hypocalcaemia with hypercalciuria including two with novel mutations in the calcium-sensing receptor gene. Schouten, Belinda J.; Raizis, Anthony M.; Soule, Steven G.; Cole, David R.; Frengley, Patrick A.; George, Peter M.; Florkowski, Christopher M. // Annals of Clinical Biochemistry;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p286
We present four cases with clinical and biochemical hypocalcaemia and evidence supportive of hypoparathyroidism. One case had been previously ascribed a diagnosis of idiopathic hypoparathyroidism. Following the detection of relative hypercalciuria, all cases were found to have autosomal dominant...
- Esomeprazole. // Reactions Weekly;5/4/2013, Issue 1451, p19
The article describes the case of an 86-year-old man who developed hypomagnesaemia with parathyroid hormone resistance and tetany while receiving esomeprazole.