WHAT IS OFFENSIVE NOISE? A CASE STUDY IN NSW
- Options for Assessment and Regulation of Low Frequency Noise. Jabben, Jan; Verheijen, Edwin // Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration & Active Control;Vol. 31 Issue 4, p225
Dutch legal limits for Lden noise levels are different for road traffic, railways, industry and airports. A justification for these differences might be found in the difference between dose-response relationships for noise annoyance. Nevertheless, frequently situations occur where people...
- Munn v. City of Ocean Springs. Meara, Jessica // Urban Lawyer;Summer2015, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p552
The article reports the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in the case "Munn v. City of Ocean Springs." The court held that an ordinance prohibiting noise that annoys a reasonable person of normal sensitivities is not unconstitutionally vague because the ordinance sets...
- Licensing Act 2003: Patron noise and public nuisance - assessment criteria and case studies. Flumicelli, Dani // Noise Notes;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p25
The article focuses on the legal concept of public nuisance in the context of the Licensing Act 2003 in Great Britain. Some guidelines that have been approved by both Houses of the Parliament of Great Britain to assist Licensing Act will accompany the 2003 Act. A survey was conducted to assess...
- AMERICAN-INDIAN CASINO CAUSES INTERNATIONAL NOISE PROBLEMS. // Noise Notes;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p25
The article reports on the problem concerning noise pollution generated at the American-Indian casino on the tribal land in Florida which doesn't fall under the local jurisdiction, thereby creating a situation of uncertainty in the region.
- A419 CAMPAIGNERS WANT CHEAP AND NOISY ROAD SURFACE TO BE REPLACED. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Apr2013, p114
The article reports on the willingness of the A419 campaigners to replace cheap and noise road surface in the two cities of England, such as Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
- Ordinances and enforcement. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the noise control ordinance that requires decibel meter for enforcement at the Denham Springs in Louisiana. It is stated that the decibel meter had to be calibrated before use, and could only be used by certified officers. The law is said to provide statutory controls to...
- The Ruckus over Racket. Arrandale, Tom // Governing;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p66
Focuses on noise pollution in the U.S. cities, as of September 2001. Description of the U.S. cities; Action taken by New York City concerning the noise problem; Fine imposed in Portland, Oregon for making too much noise; Factor which led Bozeman, Montana to draft a noise-control law.
- Go Ahead, Scream for Ice Cream. // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p96
The article focuses on the update in New York City's noise code which affected Mister Softee Inc. The instantly-recognizable jingle pumped out by the company's fleet of colorful ice cream trucks was defined as noise pollution in the updated code. This caused Mister Softee trucks to limit playing...
- Keep the noise down. Farooq, Nasar // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/19/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4532, p48
The article elaborates an query from the reader of the publication on the impact of Control of Noise at Work Regulation to his business in Great Britain. The rule mandates that all hotel, pub and club operators should take steps in protecting the hearing of its employees. It is advised that...