WHAT IS OFFENSIVE NOISE? A CASE STUDY IN NSW
- Options for Assessment and Regulation of Low Frequency Noise. Jabben, Jan; Verheijen, Edwin // Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration & Active Control;Vol. 31 Issue 4, p225
Dutch legal limits for Lden noise levels are different for road traffic, railways, industry and airports. A justification for these differences might be found in the difference between dose-response relationships for noise annoyance. Nevertheless, frequently situations occur where people...
- AMERICAN-INDIAN CASINO CAUSES INTERNATIONAL NOISE PROBLEMS. // Noise Notes;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p25
The article reports on the problem concerning noise pollution generated at the American-Indian casino on the tribal land in Florida which doesn't fall under the local jurisdiction, thereby creating a situation of uncertainty in the region.
- A419 CAMPAIGNERS WANT CHEAP AND NOISY ROAD SURFACE TO BE REPLACED. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Apr2013, p114
The article reports on the willingness of the A419 campaigners to replace cheap and noise road surface in the two cities of England, such as Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
- Keep the noise down. Farooq, Nasar // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/19/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4532, p48
The article elaborates an query from the reader of the publication on the impact of Control of Noise at Work Regulation to his business in Great Britain. The rule mandates that all hotel, pub and club operators should take steps in protecting the hearing of its employees. It is advised that...
- DIRECT APPROACH. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;May2007, p146
The article reports that the Traffic Department of Dhaka Metropolitan Police has banned the honking of vehicle horns from May 6, 2007. The new rules on controlling noise pollution in an environment will bring relief, safety and improved quality of life to residents of Dhaka, Bangladesh, it is hoped.
- ORCHESTRAS. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;May2007, p148
The article reports on the European Union's control of noise at work regulations which deals with the playing of orchestras. The guidelines from a music industry working group looking at the issue could include not playing too many noisy pieces of music in one performance and balancing loud...
- NY BIKES. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Feb2009, p52
The article reports that the New York City Council is considering the passage of a law that will require all motorcycles to display tags that certify approval by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in an effort to reduce motorcycle noise. Under the law, police can issue a ticket if the...
- A PROFITABLE ORDINANCE. // Noise Notes;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p30
The article offers information on the addition of about 500 new citations under the noise ordinances in Aurora, Illinois.
- COUNTY POLICE ENFORCE STATE NOISE LAWS. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Oct2007, p286
The article reports on the plan of Anne Arundel County police in Maryland to increase the number of officers tasked with getting residents to lower down the volume after the county's adoption of the stricter noise pollution laws has been met with complaints. As part of the plan, an informal...