WHAT IS OFFENSIVE NOISE? A CASE STUDY IN NSW
- Options for Assessment and Regulation of Low Frequency Noise. Jabben, Jan; Verheijen, Edwin // Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration & Active Control;Vol. 31 Issue 4, p225
Dutch legal limits for Lden noise levels are different for road traffic, railways, industry and airports. A justification for these differences might be found in the difference between dose-response relationships for noise annoyance. Nevertheless, frequently situations occur where people...
- Licensing Act 2003: Patron noise and public nuisance - assessment criteria and case studies. Flumicelli, Dani // Noise Notes;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p25
The article focuses on the legal concept of public nuisance in the context of the Licensing Act 2003 in Great Britain. Some guidelines that have been approved by both Houses of the Parliament of Great Britain to assist Licensing Act will accompany the 2003 Act. A survey was conducted to assess...
- AMERICAN-INDIAN CASINO CAUSES INTERNATIONAL NOISE PROBLEMS. // Noise Notes;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p25
The article reports on the problem concerning noise pollution generated at the American-Indian casino on the tribal land in Florida which doesn't fall under the local jurisdiction, thereby creating a situation of uncertainty in the region.
- A419 CAMPAIGNERS WANT CHEAP AND NOISY ROAD SURFACE TO BE REPLACED. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;Apr2013, p114
The article reports on the willingness of the A419 campaigners to replace cheap and noise road surface in the two cities of England, such as Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
- A PROFITABLE ORDINANCE. // Noise Notes;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p30
The article offers information on the addition of about 500 new citations under the noise ordinances in Aurora, Illinois.
- Battle of the Boombox. Schultz, Sue // Governing;Oct1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p37
Deals with the strategies of local governments in the U.S. in controlling noise pollution. Program initiated in Fort Lupton, Colorado; Problems of communities in states lacking anti-noise laws; Alternatives to a nuisance law.
- Ordinances and enforcement. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the noise control ordinance that requires decibel meter for enforcement at the Denham Springs in Louisiana. It is stated that the decibel meter had to be calibrated before use, and could only be used by certified officers. The law is said to provide statutory controls to...
- The Ruckus over Racket. Arrandale, Tom // Governing;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p66
Focuses on noise pollution in the U.S. cities, as of September 2001. Description of the U.S. cities; Action taken by New York City concerning the noise problem; Fine imposed in Portland, Oregon for making too much noise; Factor which led Bozeman, Montana to draft a noise-control law.
- DIRECT APPROACH. // Noise & Vibration Bulletin;May2007, p146
The article reports that the Traffic Department of Dhaka Metropolitan Police has banned the honking of vehicle horns from May 6, 2007. The new rules on controlling noise pollution in an environment will bring relief, safety and improved quality of life to residents of Dhaka, Bangladesh, it is hoped.