A Novel technique for Urinary Bladder Decompensation -An emergency need to prevent Cystorrhexis in Bullocks
- Urethral Rupture in a Bullock and its Surgical management. Dubey, P.; Tiwari, S. K.; Kashyap, D. K. // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p381
A four years old bullock was presented with severe swelling around the course of penis, abdominal pain, uneasiness and dribbling of urine from prepuce. The clinical conditions of animal were diagnosed as urethral rupture due to presence of uroliths. A surgery was done to remove uroliths and...
- Bladder Stones in a Female dog and its Surgical removal. Yadav, Saroj; Shrestha, Rima D.; Joshi, Najuma // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p372
A case of urolithiasis in a 10 year old female dog and the surgical intervention is reported and discussed. The urinary calculi were removed surgically and the dog was discharged after 3 days with antibiotics and Neeri tablets for 10 days. On follow up examination the dog was healthy and had...
- Traumatic Lung Lobe Evisceration in a Kid and its Surgical management. Bharathi, S.; Rao, T. Madhava; Raghavender, K. B. P. // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p167
Evisceration of a part of lung through a thoracic lacerated wound in the anterolateral aspect of sternum in a 10 day old kid and its successful surgical treatment is reported.
- Oesophageal Obstruction in a Cow and its Surgical management. Ansari, Md. Moin // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p306
Immediate medical treatment followed by surgical intervention was undertaken to relieve the oesophageal obstruction due to turnips taking care not to damage the oesophagus of a pregnant cow. Proper medical treatment and surgical technique are mandatory for successful outcome to save the life of...
- Intestinal Obstruction in Bovines and its Surgical management - A Clinical report of 12 cases. Mestry, G. R.; PateI, P. B.; Patel, J. B.; Mistry, J. N.; Suthar, D. N. // Intas Polivet;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p308
Total 12 animals including 10 cattle and 2 buffaloes suspected for intestinal obstruction were studied. The signs were acute colic, progressive weakness, reduced milk, partial or complete anorexia, dehydration and shrunken eyes. Per rectal examination showed scanty, black and mucous coated...
- Reflexology. Lawrence, Micheal; Morelli, Charles; Steinberg, Robert Scott // Podiatry Management;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to an an article in "Podiatry Management News" which was concerned with reflexology.
- Wart Peel. Bonenberger, Howard J.; Udell, Elliot // Podiatry Management;Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with a wart removal treatment called Wart-peel.
- Testing Treatments: Better Research for Better Healthcare. Mabbott, Irene // Nursing Management - UK;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p10
The article reviews the book "Testing Treatments: Better Research for Better Healthcare," by Imogen Evans, Hazel Thornton, Iain Chalmers and Paul Glasziou.
- Don't dock the docs. Dorf, J. M. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2012, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Is This Really Necessary? Taking a Second Look at Common Medical Procedures" by Emily Friedman, which appeared in the June 5, 2012 issue of the Internet news letter "H&HN Daily" and was concerned with physician reimbursement.