SUGAR CANE IRRIGATION: A CASE STUDY IN CAPITAL BUDGETING
- Comprehensiveness in Capital Budgeting. Durand, David // Financial Management (1972);Winter81, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p7
This article focuses on the use of multiple numbers to indicate preference in capital budgeting. In investment analysis for capital budgeting, the opportunities to achieve comprehensiveness by using multiple numbers to indicate preference are legion. Even though the opportunities may be...
- Managing risk and uncertainty in complex capital projects. Alessandri, Todd M.; Ford, David N.; Lander, Diane M.; Leggio, Karyl B.; Taylor, Marilyn // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Dec2004, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p751
In evaluating capital budgeting decisions, quantitative approaches, such as traditional discounted cash flow modeling and real options valuations, are useful when there is a presumed probability distribution for the future forecasted outcomes or for when there are lower levels of uncertainty. As...
- About time too. Moore, John // Public Private Finance;Apr2007, Issue 112, p29
The article reports that Learning and Skills Council (LSC), which provides capital and revenue support to further education colleges, estimates that almost half of the estate's primary and secondary school in England still needs modernization. The LSC asserts that there is a proven and...
- LEASE EVALUATION--ANOTHER CAPITAL BUDGETING DECISION. Sartoris, William L.; Paul, Ronda S. // Financial Management (1972);Summer73, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p46
In summary, the lease decision is presented here in an investment framework with the debt value of the lease being treated as an equivalent initial cash outflow. The debt value of a lease is the amount a firm would pay to induce a lender to undertake lease payments for the firm (i.e., the lease...
- The Future of Cash Forecasting. Gundavelli, Veena // Business Credit;Mar2002, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on cash forecasting. Significance of cash flow in working capital management; Inclusions of cash forecasting capabilities; Role of customer relationship management on accurate cash forecasting management.
- Cash Flow and Capital Spending: Evidence from Capital Expenditure Announcements. Vogt, Stephen C. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer97, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p44
Analyzes the role that cash flow plays in explaining both capital-spending decisions and the price response to announcements of those decisions. Background information that motivates subsequent empirical tests; Discussion of the data used in the tests; Discussion of the results; Conclusion and...
- Market Response to Product-Strategy and Capital-Expenditure Announcements in Singapore: Investment Opportunities and Free Cash Flow. Chen, Sheng-Syan; Kim Wai Ho // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p82
Examines the importance of investment opportunities and free cash flow in explaining the market response to announcements of product strategies and capital expenditures. Sample distribution and announcement-period abnormal returns; Important consideration in assessing the value-enhancing...
- Maximising Cash Flow Without Suffocating Business--Part 2. Clapson, Richard // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Part II. Details how companies can maximize their cash flow. Importance of cash flow; Illustrative examples; Issue on capital expenditure.
- CAPITAL INVESTMENTS PLAN FOR 288 STREETS FROM CLUJ-NAPOCA. Zai, Paul; Inceu, Adrian Mihai; Lazar, Dan Tudor // Transylvanian Review of Administrative Sciences;2006, Issue 16, p163
This study critically analyzes how the theoretical concept of Capital Investments Plan (CIP) can be employed in order to better understand the financing decisions regarding various investment project undertaken by the Cluj-Napoca City Hall. Different financing scenarios are then analyzed.