Dysautonomia in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Case Reports of a Family with Review of the Literature
- Autism and Intellectual Disability Are Differentially Related to Sociodemographic Background at Birth. Leonard, Helen; Glasson, Emma; Nassar, Natasha; Whitehouse, Andrew; Bebbington, Ami; Bourke, Jenny; Jacoby, Peter; Dixon, Glenys; Malacova, Eva; Bower, Carol; Stanley, Fiona // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Background: Research findings investigating the sociodemographics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have been inconsistent and rarely considered the presence of intellectual disability (ID). Methods: We used population data on Western Australian singletons born from 1984 to 1999 (n = 398,353) to...
- Valoraciï¿½n de Signos de Alarma en Autismo entre los 9 y los 16 Meses de Edad. Sterner de Le�n, Amaya; Rodr�guez Garrido, Cintia // Psicologia Educativa;dic2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p145
An ideographic study is presented based on the follow-up of a baby at high risk of impaired development. The spontaneous behavior of the child was video recorded, in the home environment in situations of dyadic (subject-subject) and triadic interactions (subject-object-subject). For data...
- Experiences of Siblings of Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Angell, Maureen E.; Meadan, Hedda; Stoner, Julia B. // Autism Research & Treatment;2012, p1
The purpose of this study was to explore the experiences of siblings of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and identify their self-reported support needs. We conducted in-person semi-structured interviews with 12 siblings aged 7 to 15 of children aged 6 to 15 with ASDs. Employing...
- Clinical Presentation and Histologic Findings at Ileocolonoscopy in Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Chronic Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Krigsman, Arthur; Boris, Marvin; Goldblatt, Alan; Stott, Carol // Autism Insights;2010, Issue 2, p1
Background: Children with developmental disorders experience chronic gastrointestinal symptoms. Aims: To examine the nature of these gastrointestinal symptoms and histologic findings in children with autism spectrum/developmental disorders and ileocolonic disease. Methods: Chart review. 143...
- Aportes desde la teorÃa de la mente y de la funciÃ³n ejecutiva a la comprensiÃ³n de los trastornos del espectro autista. Calderón, Liliana; Congote, Catalina; Richard, Shanel; Sierra, Sara; Vélez, Catalina // Revista CES Psicologia;ene-jun2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p78
No abstract available.
- Genetics in Autism Diagnosis; Adding Molecular Subtypes to Neurobehavioral Diagnoses. Johnson, Helen M.; Gaitanis, John; Morrow, Eric M. // Medicine & Health Rhode Island;May2011, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p124
The article presents a case study of a 16-year-old girl who was referred for observation due to developmental disabilities. Her neurological examination shows late mental development, poor attention, perseverative speech, displayed sensory integration disorder, and obsessive compulsive symptoms....
- EvoluciÃ³n de los estudios sobre autismo en EspaÃ±a: publicaciones y redes de coautorÃa entre 1974 y 2007. Carmona, Mercedes Belinchón; Muñoz, Leticia Boada; de Andrés, Esther García; Biggi, Joaquín Fuentes; de la Paz, Manuel Posada // Psicothema;
Trends in studies on autism in Spain: Publications and authorship networks (1974-2007). All the papers on autism published in journals by Spanish authors until 2007 were reviewed in order to identify changes and trends in studies, journals and authorship networks. A total of 567 works were...
- Disease genetics: Rare inherited mutations in autism. Flintoft, Louisa // Nature Reviews Genetics;Mar2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p155
The article discusses the contribution of inherited deleterious mutations in the autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) which has been unclear.
- Autism spectrum disorder: importance of audiology. Kealey, Chantal // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 5, p372
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by E. Anagnostou and colleagues on autism spectrum disorder in the January 13, 2014 issue.