Dysautonomia in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Case Reports of a Family with Review of the Literature
- Autism and Intellectual Disability Are Differentially Related to Sociodemographic Background at Birth. Leonard, Helen; Glasson, Emma; Nassar, Natasha; Whitehouse, Andrew; Bebbington, Ami; Bourke, Jenny; Jacoby, Peter; Dixon, Glenys; Malacova, Eva; Bower, Carol; Stanley, Fiona // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Background: Research findings investigating the sociodemographics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have been inconsistent and rarely considered the presence of intellectual disability (ID). Methods: We used population data on Western Australian singletons born from 1984 to 1999 (n = 398,353) to...
- Aportes desde la teorÃa de la mente y de la funciÃ³n ejecutiva a la comprensiÃ³n de los trastornos del espectro autista. Calderón, Liliana; Congote, Catalina; Richard, Shanel; Sierra, Sara; Vélez, Catalina // Revista CES Psicologia;ene-jun2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p78
No abstract available.
- EvoluciÃ³n de los estudios sobre autismo en EspaÃ±a: publicaciones y redes de coautorÃa entre 1974 y 2007. Carmona, Mercedes Belinchón; Muñoz, Leticia Boada; de Andrés, Esther García; Biggi, Joaquín Fuentes; de la Paz, Manuel Posada // Psicothema;
Trends in studies on autism in Spain: Publications and authorship networks (1974-2007). All the papers on autism published in journals by Spanish authors until 2007 were reviewed in order to identify changes and trends in studies, journals and authorship networks. A total of 567 works were...
- Disease genetics: Rare inherited mutations in autism. Flintoft, Louisa // Nature Reviews Genetics;Mar2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p155
The article discusses the contribution of inherited deleterious mutations in the autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) which has been unclear.
- Autism spectrum disorder: importance of audiology. Kealey, Chantal // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 5, p372
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by E. Anagnostou and colleagues on autism spectrum disorder in the January 13, 2014 issue.
- Autism spectrum disorders and employment. Oppert, Christopher // ACTCOSS Update;2012, Issue 57, p4
The article discusses the condition of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and issues concerning employment for people with ASD. It highlights the author's experience working with peoples with an ASD to obtain and maintain employment. It mentions the...
- Autism spectrum disorders and fetal hypoxia in a population-based cohort: Accounting for missing exposures via Estimation-Maximization algorithm. Burstyn, Igor; Xiaoming Wang; Yasui, Yutaka; Sithole, Fortune; Zwaigenbaum, Lonnie // BMC Medical Research Methodology;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background: Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are associated with complications of pregnancy that implicate fetal hypoxia (FH); the excess of ASD in male gender is poorly understood. We tested the hypothesis that risk of ASD is related to fetal hypoxia and investigated whether this effect is...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders FACT SHEET. // Fact Sheet on Autism Spectrum Disorders;2010, p1
The article offers information on autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), a group of developmental disabilities caused by a problem with the brain. A person with an ASD might not play pretend games, not look at object when another person points them and avoid eye contact, among others. Suggestions...
- THE PARENTING CHALLENGE: SELECTING TECHNOLOGY AND NON-TECHNOLOGY INTERVENTIONS FOR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS. ENNIS-COLE, DEMETRIA; PARKMAN, CHERYL // Journal on Educational Psychology;May-Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Autism is a Spectrum of Disorders (ASD) that affects 1 in 88 children. The issues and decisions parents face are almost insurmountable depending on the child's diagnosis, available interventions, the knowledge of parents, proximity to professionals and interventions, financial resources, and the...