Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and Legionella pneumophila Pneumonia
- Isolation of Legionella longbeachae Serogroup 1 from Potting Soils in Japan. Koide, Michio; Saito, Atsushi; Okazaki, Miki; Umeda, Bunichi; Benson, Robert F. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/1/1999, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p943
Presents a study which examined a case of Legionella longbeachae pneumonia in Japan. Clinical history of the patient; Background on the specie; Data and methods used; Findings and its future implications.
- Legionnaires Disease with Bacteremic Coinfection. Tan, Michael J.; Tan, James S.; File Jr., Thomas M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p533
We describe 6 patients who had bacteremic community-acquired pneumonia and unsuspected Legionella pneumophila coinfection. We reviewed case records of patients who were diagnosed as having a recent Legionella infection on the basis of either the presence of L. pneumophila serogroup 1 antigen in...
- The 'New' Pneumonias: The Doctor's Dilemma. Weinstein, Louis // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr80, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p559
Editorial. Offers observation on the diagnostic dilemma of physicians regarding pneumonias caused by the Legionella pneumophila bacterium. Observations that may raise the suspicion of the presence of pneumonias caused by an organism; Key differentiating biological feature of the pneumonia...
- Potable water as a source of legionellosis Fraser, D. W. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Oct1985, Vol. 62, p337
No abstract available.
- Persistently Positive Culture Results in a Patient with Community-Acquired Pneumonia Due to Legionella pneumophila. Tan, James S.; File Jr., Thomas M.; DiPersio, Joseph R.; DiPersio, Linda P.; Hamor, Robert; Saravolatz, Louis D.; Stout, Janet E. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;6/1/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p1562
Presents a study which described a patient with community-acquired pneumonia due to Legionella pneumophila serogroup 6. Overview of the case report; Methods and discussion.
- Infection Due to Legionella Species Other Than L. pneumophila. Muder, Robert R.; Yu, Victor L.; Strausbaugh, Larry J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/15/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p990
In addition to Legionella pneumophila, 19 Legionella species have been documented as human pathogens on the basis of their isolation from clinical material. Like L. pneumophila, other Legionella species are inhabitants of natural and man-made aqueous environments. The major clinical...
- Pronounced cerebellar features in legionnaires' disease. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/25/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6286, p276
Focuses on the cerebellar features of Legionnaires' disease. Occurrence of isolated localizing neurological signs; Association of Legionella pneumophila pneumonia with the disease; Use of artificial ventilation.
- Legionellosis from Legionella pneumophila Serogroup 13. Faris, Barzo; Faris, Camelia; Schousboe, Mona; Heath, Christopher H. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Sep2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1405
We describe 4 cases of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 13-associated pneumonia. These cases originate from a broad geographic range that includes Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand. L. pneumophila serogroup 13 pneumonia has a clinically diverse spectrum that ranges from relatively mild,...
- Postoperative legionella pneumonia diagnosed by percutaneous lung aspiration. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/16/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6276, p1585
Examines a postoperative legionella pneumonia diagnosed by percutaneous lung aspiration. Difficulty in the isolation of Legionella pneumophila; Dependence of the diagnosis of legionella pneumonia on serological tests; Failure of postoperative pneumonia to respond to a common antibiotic combination.