Hip Adductor Strain Misdiagnosed as Herniated Lumbar Disk: Case Report
- Screening tests and specificity. EL-MASRI, MAHER M. // Canadian Nurse;Nov2015, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p13
The article provides information on medical screening tests and specificity in health care in Canada. Topics covered include how to calculate the score in the tests, brief information about colon cancer screening, and specificity score of the test when determining whether the disease can be...
- Influence of MRI field strength on clinical decision making in knee cartilage injury - A case study. Cashman, Glenn; Attariwala, Raj // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Dec2014, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p395
Objective: To increase clinicians' awareness of the differences in image resolution and potential diagnostic accuracy between small and large-field MR Scanners. To present an example of a clinical decision making challenge in how to proceed when knee MRI and clinical findings don't agree....
- Demonstration of value of optimizing ECG triggering for cardiovascular magnetic resonance in patients with congenital heart disease. Meierhofer, Christian; Stern, Heiko; Rieger, Henrike; Rößler, Jürgen; Hess, John; Frank, Michael; Fratz, Sohrab; Martinoff, Stefan; Knesewitsch, Thomas // Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (BioMed Central);2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Optimal ECG triggering is of paramount importance for correct blood flow quantification during cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR). However, optimal ECG triggering and therefore blood flow quantification is impaired in many patients with congenital heart disease (CHD) due to...
- Clinical Perfusion MRI: Techniques and Applications. Kotinek Chiczewski, Nancy // Radiologic Technology;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p325
The article reviews the book "Clinical Perfusion MRI: Techniques and Applications" edited by Peter B. Barker, Xavier Golay and Greg Zaharchuk.
- Ultrasensitive method for the determination of 4-hydroxy-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-releasing DNA adducts by gas chromatography—high resolution mass spectrometry in mucosal biopsies of the lower esophagus. Heppel, Christopher W.; Heling, Anne-Kathrin; Richter, Elmar // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;Mar2009, Vol. 393 Issue 5, p1525
4-Hydroxy-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (HPB)-releasing DNA adducts are formed by metabolic activation of the tobacco-specific nitrosamines 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK) and Nâ€²-nitrosonornicotine (NNN). NNK and NNN are considered carcinogenic to humans by the...
- Automated detection of multiple sclerosis lesions in serial brain MRI. Lladó, Xavier; Ganiler, Onur; Oliver, Arnau; Martí, Robert; Freixenet, Jordi; Valls, Laia; Vilanova, Joan; Ramió-Torrentà, Lluís; Rovira, Àlex // Neuroradiology;Aug2012, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p787
Introduction: Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a serious disease typically occurring in the brain whose diagnosis and efficacy of treatment monitoring are vital. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is frequently used in serial brain imaging due to the rich and detailed information provided. Methods:...
- NEARLY ONE-THIRD OF CHILDREN WITH EARLY HEARING LOSS PASS NEWBORN HEARING SCREENING. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
The article reports a study by the Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, which revealed that nearly one-third of newborns have passed the Universal newborn hearing screening (UNHS) despite having delayed onset of sensorineural hearing loss.
- Screening overdiagnoses 6-10 women for every death from breast cancer prevented. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/14/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7852, p12
Several graphs are presented that represents incidence rates of women suffering from breast cancer.
- Screening tests and sensitivity. EL-MASRI, MAHER M. // Canadian Nurse;Oct2015, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p14
The article explains the indication of patient sensitivity score in screening tests as compared to a defined test standard. Topics covered include the true positive (TP), false positive (FP) and false negative (FN) results, tests for blood-borne pathogens in blood donations and calculation of...