A breast mass in a 56-year-old man
- Group B strep infection: A significant problem in older adults. Farley, M.M.; Harvey, R.C. // Geriatrics;Nov93, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p91
Reports on the increasing cases of group B streptococcal infection in older and chronically ill adults. Annual incidence of the disease in diabetes, cancer and HIV patients; Development of multivalent conjugate vaccines for pregnant women; Study published at a 1993 issue of the `New England...
- Infective Endocarditis in Elderly Patients. Dhawan, Vinod K. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/15/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p806
Provides information on infective endocarditis in elderly patients. Epidemiology; Diagnosis; Treatment and prevention.
- Infection raises dementia risk. // Pulse;6/18/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 24, p17
Cites a study in Great Britain indicating the likelihood for the episodes of infection to increase the risk of dementia in elderly patients.
- Comorbid Conditions, Treatment, and Health Maintenance in Older Persons with Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection in New York City. Shah, Sanjiv S.; McGowan, Joseph P.; Smith, Cheryl; Blum, Steve; Klein, Robert S. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/15/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1238
We retrospectively examined comorbid conditions and health maintenance in 198 patients aged â‰¥55 years who attended 3 New York City human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) clinics between 1 January 1990 and 30 June 1998. Annual influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations within 5 years were given in...
- Geographic Distribution of Endemic Fungal Infections among Older Persons, United States. Baddley, John W.; Winthrop, Kevin L.; Patkar, Nivedita M.; Delzell, Elizabeth; Beukelman, Timothy; Xie, Fenglong; Chen, Lang; Curtis, Jeffrey R. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1664
To investigate the epidemiology and geographic distribution of histoplasmosis, coccidioidomycosis, and blastomycosis in older persons in the United States, we evaluated a random 5% sample of national Medicare data from 1999 through 2008. We calculated national, regional, and state-based...
- Indications for Surgery for Elderly Patients with Infective Endocarditis. Tattevin, Pierre; Volatron, Anne-Claire; Jouneau, St�phane; Arvieux, C�dric; Michelet, Christian // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/15/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p775
Presents correspondence on the indications for surgery for elderly patients with infective endocarditis. Acute heart failure that is unresponsive to medical treatment; Continuing bacteria despite optimal antibacterial treatment; Myocardial abscess; Nonstreptococcal prosthetic valve endocarditis.
- MORE SERIOUS THAN WRINKLES. // American Fitness;May/Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p14
Explores the prevalence of HIV infection in older people in the U.S. Factors that influence HIV infection in aged; Symptoms of HIV associated with aging.
- E coli strain O157:H7 not just a pediatric infection, warns CDC official. // Geriatrics;Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the results of a study conducted by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the rate of Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections in adults in the United States. Isolation rate in adults aged 50 to 59; Association between bloody diarrhea and O157 infections.
- Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in elderly inpatients and in institutionalized old... Neri, M.C.; Lai, L. // Age & Ageing;Jan1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p17
Investigates the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in elderly patients admitted to a geriatric rehabilitation ward. Evaluation of the relationship between the nutritional status of the patients and H. pylori infection; Role of H. pylori in the etiology and development of peptic ulcer...