Enteric fever in two vaccinated travellers to Latin America
- Diseases/Health Data. // Guyana Country Review;2013, p163
The article offers health information for travelers to Guyana including food and waterborne diseases that might affect them, specific vaccines for diseases, and tips on how to stay healthy.
- Diseases/Health Data. // Slovenia Country Review;2013, p172
The article discusses health and disease information for travelers to Slovenia as of July 1, 2013, focusing on food and waterborne diseases, vaccines, and tips to remain healthy and avoid getting sick while on travel.
- Sail ends in sickness. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p87
Reports on the typhoid fever acquired by ten Australians during a cruise. How the Australians acquired the fever; Lesson behind the tragedy.
- Untitled. Smith, Jeanette M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/09/94, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p730o
Presents an abstract of the article `Typhoid Fever in Rural Haiti,' by Jaime E. Olle-Goig and Luis Ruiz, which was lifted from an American medicine journal. Common symptoms demonstrated by patients from a Haitian hospital; Prevalence of typhoid infection in rural Haiti.
- Diseases/Health Data. // Argentina Country Review;2011, p180
The article offers health information for travelers to Argentina including the preventive measures for food and water diseases, the recommended vaccines and precautions.
- Diseases/Health Data. // Ghana Country Review;2012, p176
The article offers health information for travelers in Ghana on topics including the country's outbreak of meningitis, food and waterborne diseases, and malaria infections.
- Response to Tsai et al. Brand, Stephan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2013, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p1536
A response from the author of the article regarding the international reporting system of travel associated foodborne diseases.
- Inoculation of newly hatched broiler chicks with two Brazilian isolates of Salmonella Heidelberg strains with different virulence gene profiles, antimicrobial resistance, and pulsed field gel electrophoresis patterns to intestinal changes evaluation. Borsoi, A.; Santin, E.; Santos, L. R.; Salle, C. T. P.; Moraes, H. L. S.; Nascimento, V. P. // Poultry Science;Apr2009, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p750
Salmonella Heidelberg is one of the 3 most frequently isolated serovars from human Salmonella cases in Canada, and the fourth most commonly reported Salmonella serovar in human foodborne disease cases in the United States. Since 1962, Salmonella Heidelberg has been isolated and reported in...
- Diseases/Health Data. // Somalia Country Review;2012, p209
The article offers health-related information for travelers to Somalia including food and waterborne diseases that might affect them, several recommended vaccines and tips for staying healthy.