Acute pulmonary histoplasmosis
- Luftsichel sign. Singh, Sheetu; Singh, Nishtha; Tikkiwal, Sharad // Lung India;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p83
A quiz concerning the type of radiologic sign found in the contrast-enhanced computed tomography (CECT) and chest radiography showing a collapse lung is presented.
- Lose-Dose Abdominal CT for Appendicitis. Kuritzky, Louis // Infectious Disease Alert;Jul2012 Clinical Briefs, p13
The article discusses research on the effects of standard dose abdominal computer tomography (AB-CT) and low-dose AB-CT equivalent to 100 chest X-rays in detecting appendicitis referencing a study by K. Kim and colleagues published in an issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- Palliative Therapy with Argon Plasma Coagulation in Post-Intubation Tracheal Stenosis. Mertoğlu, Aydan; Vatansever, Yelda; Balcı, Günseli; Taşdöğen, Naime; Özacar, Rıfat // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p137
Post-intubation tracheal stenosis is usually caused by pressure necrosis at the cuff. Although the best results are obtained by tracheal reconstruction, not all patients are able to undergo this operation for either medical or personal reasons. A 67-year-old male was admitted to our hospital...
- Nocardia asteroids causing pulmonary nocardiosis presenting as fungal ball. Paty, Bimoch Projna; Sarangi, Gitanjali; Mohanty, Dibya Prasanna; Choudhury, Snigdha Rani; Mohapatra, Dharitri; Das, Sidhartha Sankar; Dash, Debabrata; Chayani, Nirupma // Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p58
Pulmonary nocardiosis presenting as a fungal ball in a preexisting cavity is a rare presentation. We report such a case in a 18 yrs old male patient presented with cough with expectoration & episodes of haemoptysis with a past history of tuberculosis. Diagnosis was done by microscopic...
- Pulmonary Mucormycosis. Showkat, Hakim İrfan; Gadri, Mahmood; Rashid, Aliya; Lone, Rubina; Sarmast, Arif Hussain // European Journal of General Medicine;2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p52
Mucormycosis or zygomycosis is a relatively uncommon but an important oppportunistic infection that occurs almost exclusively in individuals with host defence deficiencies.We report a patient with pulmonary mucormycosis who presented with low grade fever and hyperglycemia.
- Pulmonary histoplasmosis in a renal allograft recipient. Lobo, V.; Joshi, A.; Khatavkar, P.; Kale, M. K. // Indian Journal of Nephrology;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p120
Histoplasmosis, seen rarely in kidney transplantracipients, can vary from an innocuous illness often misdiagnosed as tuberculosis to a severe disseminated disease with a high mortality. We describe a case with non-specific signs in whom the diagnosis was made by histopathological examination of...
- Pictorial essay: Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Agarwal, Ritesh; Khan, Ajmal; Garg, Mandeep; Aggarwal, Ashutosh N.; Gupta, Dheeraj // Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p242
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) is the best-known allergic manifestation of Aspergillus-related hypersensitivity pulmonary disorders. Most patients present with poorly controlled asthma, and the diagnosis can be made on the basis of a combination of clinical, immunological, and...
- Illustrated Brazilian consensus of terms and fundamental patterns in chest CT scans. Silva, C. Isabela S.; Marchiori, Edson; Souza Júnior, Arthur Soares; Müller, Nestor L. // Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia;jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p99
The objective of this new Brazilian consensus is to update and to continue the standardization of the principal terms and fundamental patterns in chest CT scans in Portuguese. There is a succinct definition of the principal terms used to describe chest CT findings, as well as illustrations of...
- ENDGAMES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/4/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7809, p1267
Several quizzes concerning human diseases are presented including one on the efficacy and safety of oral pristinamycin for erysipelas treatment, a picture quiz related to recurrent ventricular tachycardia and another concerning coronal computed tomography of the chest.