Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis in an adult with normal cerebrospinal fluid
- Fatal Cryptococcal Meningitis in a Patient with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Dizdar, Oguzhan Sıtkı; Karakeçili, Faruk; Coşkun, Belkıs Nihan; Ener, Beyza; Ali, Rıdvan; Mıstık, Reşit // Mediterranean Journal of Hematology & Infectious Diseases;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) are susceptible to infections, especially opportunistic infections. We have described a patient with CLL who had cryptococcal meningitis. Despite lack of previous immunosuppressive treatment history, the patient experienced serious and fatal...
- Adult pneumococcal meningitis presenting with normocellular cerebrospinal fluid: two case reports. Hiromichi Suzuki; Yasuharu Tokuda; Yoko Kurihara; Masatsune Suzuki; Hidenori Nakamura // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Introduction Normocellular bacterial meningitis is rarely observed in adult patients. We here report two cases of adult patients with pneumococcal meningitis with a normal cerebrospinal fluid leukocyte count and review eight other cases in the literature. Case presentation Case 1 was a...
- Pneumococcal meningitis and otitis media. Corbeel, L. // European Journal of Pediatrics;May2006, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p283
Presents information on a case study regarding pneumococcal meningitis and otitis media in 159 paediatric patients observed during a 4-year period. Clinical conditions of the patients; Percentage of patients resistant to strains of pneumococci; Factors to consider in treating patients with...
- Aseptic meningitis from a pyogenic infection? Smith, Leon G. // Patient Care;10/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p117
Present a case of aseptic meningitis. Signs and symptoms; Laboratory analysis of cerebrospinal fluid; Treatment; Comment on the case.
- Aseptic meningitis: case report. // Reactions Weekly;8/27/2011, Issue 1366, p5
The article describes the case of a 53-year-old man who presented with a 3-week history of headache, fever, and night sweats, and was treated with adalimumab but developed aseptic meningitis.
- Immunoglobulin G. // Reactions Weekly;4/7/2012, Issue 1396, p26
The article describes a case of human intravenous immunoglobulin-induced aseptic meningtis in a 14-year-old girl.
- Lamotrigine. // Reactions Weekly;4/7/2012, Issue 1396, p27
The article describes two case reports of women patients who developed aseptic meningitis while receiving treatment with lamotrigine.
- A case of eosinophilic meningitis in Germany. Kirsch, Stefanie; Dekumyoy, Paron; Löscher, Thomas; Haberl, Roman L. // Journal of Neurology;Jul2008, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p1102
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article focusing on eosinophilic meningitis of a 36-year old woman in German by Stefanie Kirsch and colleagues in the 2007 issue.
- Cetuximab. // Reactions Weekly;7/10/2010, Issue 1309, p17
The article describes the clinical cases of two patients who developed aseptic meningitis following the administration of cetuximab for non-small cell lung cancer.