Pruritic papular eruptions as presenting illness of HIV
- Medallion-like dermal dendrocytoma. Elston, Dirk; Kazlouskaya, Viktoryia; Quintana, Adelle T.; Rizwan, Lubna; Alexander, Melissa // Indian Dermatology Online Journal;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p198
Medallion-like dermal dendrocytoma is a benign cutaneous neoplasm that mimics dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans histologically. The distinction between these two entities is critical to prevent unnecessary wide excisions. Herein we describe an acquired MLDD in a 55-year-old female.
- Accidental oropharyngeal injury. Bowsher, W.G.; Kenyon, G.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/12/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6331, p1752
Examines the traumatic lesions of the mouth and oropharynx. Inclusion of mucosal abrasions from il-fitting dentures; Removal of a metal bottle top with the teeth; Consideration of blood transfusion.
- Editorial Comment. Evatt, Bruce L. // Internet Journal of Hematology;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the high HIV infection rate in Nigeria due to blood-transfusions by A. C. Ubesie and others.
- Risk of HIV infection from transfusion with blood negative for HIV antibody in a west African city. Savarit, Dominic; De Cock, Kevin M.; Schutz, Richard; Konate, Seydou; Lackritz, Eve; Bondurand, Alain // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/29/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6852, p498
Investigates the determination of HIV infection risk from transfusion of a screened unit of blood in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. Identification of prevalence and incidence of HIV infection in first time donors; Calculation of the overall rate of potentially infected units; Emphasis on the avoidance...
- Development of Oral Lesions in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-infected Transfusion Recipients and Hemophiliacs. Hilton, Joan F.; Donegan, Elizabeth; Katz, Mitchell H.; Canchola, Alison J.; Fusaro, Robert E.; Greenspan, Deborah; Greenspan, John S. // American Journal of Epidemiology;1997, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p164
The authors used multivariate repeated-measures transition models to identify risk factors for two oral lesions related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)â€”candidiasis and hairy leukoplakiaâ€”in 152 HIV-infected blood transfusion recipients and hemophiliacs. Subjects were examined...
- What are these lesions that spread from the lips? Monroe, Joe // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants;Oct2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p14
The article presents a case study of a 41-year-old female, who is experiencing a six-month history of asymptomatic lesions on her lips, arms and face. The lesions were a fixed drug eruption (FDE) wherein the condition is unusual and exemplified by the classic, purplish-brown macules. The...
- A 53-year-old Brazilian Woman With a Malleolar Ulcer After an Insect Bite. Santos, Vitorino Modesto; Soares, Liliane Aparecida; Machado, Nat�lia Polidorio; Silva, Fernanda Gama Neves; Santos, Val�ria Ara�jo Nascimento // Marmara Medical Journal;2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p81
The article presents a case study of a 53-year-old Brazilian woman who was admitted to the hospital due to malleolar ulcer in her right medial malleolus. Results of the echo-Doppler reveal incompetent perforant veins. Moreover, after given clinical treatment, a rapid reduction of lesion was...
- Asymptomatic red plaque on the hand of a diabetic patient. George, Saira J.; Hsu, Sylvia // Clinical Advisor;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p46
The article presents a case study of a 35-year-old Caucasian woman having a diabetes mellitus who was denoted for assessment of an enlarging lesion. The patients physical examination reveals an asymptomatic lesion and a non-scaly, annular erythematous plaque at the back of her left hand. The...
- A rare case of multiple genital and perianal melanoacanthomas. Noronha, Tonita M.; Girisha, Banavasi S.; Kishanprasad, Hosapatna L.; Fernandes, Michelle S. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p202
The article presents a case study of a 39-year-old man suffering from multiple genital and perianal melanoacanthomas. The patient complained since 3 months of pain and bleeding from the lesions and was shown with no signs of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). An overview of melanacanthoma,...