Attenuated but live: a pelvic abscess caused by bacille Calmette-Gurin
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;3/26/2011, Issue 1344, p9
The article describes the case of a 70-year-old man who developed Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG) sepsis following intracvesicular BCG vaccine administration for bladder cancer.
- BCG vaccine/isoniazid/rifampicin. // Reactions Weekly;1/19/2013, Issue 1435, p8
The article describes the case of a six-month-old female infant who developed a disseminated Mycobacterium bovis infection after receiving BCG vaccine.
- BCG vaccine. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 1563 Issue 1, p48
The article presents a case study of a nine-month-old girl with HIV who developed Mycobacterium bovis BCG disease after receiving intradermal BCG vaccine.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 1563 Issue 1, p47
The article presents a case study of a 64-year-old man who developed Mycobacterium bovis BCG vertebral osteomyelitis during treatment with BCG.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;10/29/2016, Vol. 1625 Issue 1, p41
The article presets a case study of a man in his 60s who developed left anterior descending coronary artery and multiple peripheral mycotic aneurysms due to treatment of Mycobacterium Bovis with Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG).
- Investigation of granulomatous prostatitis incidence following intravesical BCG therapy. Balasar, Mehmet; Doğan, Metin; Kandemir, Abdulkadir; Taskapu, Hakan Hakki; Cicekci, Faruk; Toy, Hatice; Gurbuz, Recai // International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Medicine;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p1554
In the present manuscript, we studied the incidence of granulomatous prostatitis in the prostatectomy specimen of the patients who underwent transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) after superficial bladder cancer treatment with intravesical Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) and were...
- A New Challenge for the Tuberculosis Vaccine Community? Dockrell, Hazel M. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;4/1/2012, Vol. 205 Issue 7, p1029
The author reflects on a study concerning the efficacy of new Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG) vaccination in human challenge model. According to him, the level of BCG stimulated T cells, interleukins and interferons in 10 weeks infant is not different from those infants who...
- Clinical utility of RD1, RD9 and hsp65 based PCR assay for the identification of BCG in vaccinated children. Teo, Jeanette W. P.; Cheng, Janet W. S.; Jureen, Roland; Lin, Raymond T. P. // BMC Research Notes;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Background Mycobacterium bovis Bacille Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG) vaccine is widely administered to prevent tuberculosis. Vaccine complications are rare. However, when BCG-related adverse reactions arise there is a need to rapidly and reliably identify BCG from other members of the Mycobacterium...
- PROGNÃ“ZA PACIENTÅ® ST1G3 UROTELIÃLNÃM KARCINOMEM MOÄŒOVÃ‰HO MÄšCHÃÅ˜E LÃ‰ÄŒENÃCH VAKCÃNOU BCG - RETROSPEKTIVNÃ ANALÃZA. Soukup, Viktor; Čapoun, Otakar; Hanuš, Tomáš; Pešl, Michael; Vaĺová, Zuzana; Feherová, Zuzana; Zámečník, Libor; Babjuk, Marko // Czech Urology / Ceska Urologie;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p230
Aim: The aim of the study was to determine the natural history, recurrence and progression risk after intravesical adjuvant bacillus Calmette--GuÃ©rin (BCG) immunotherapy in patients with T1G3 urothelial bladder tumors. Methods: Ninety-two patients diagnosed with a T1G3/ high grade tumor...