Falling between the cracks: a case of amiodarone toxicity
- Methodological Issues in Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modelling. Bellissant, E.; Sébille, V.; Paintaud, G. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;1998, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p151
This article presents the theoretical and practical aspects involved in the design and analysis of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling studies. The main features of the protocol of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic studies are discussed with special focus on experimental designs in relation...
- Anatomical-Physiological Approaches in Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. Mather, L.E. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;Oct2001, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p707
Use of an anatomical-physiological approach allows an investigator an alternative to regarding the whole body as a â€˜black boxâ€™ producing biofluid specimens for drug assay, and then blindly applying a formula-driven mathematical approach to determine the pharmacokinetics and...
- Pharmacokinetics in the infant Jusko, William J.; Milsap, Rebecca L. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;1994 Supplement 11, Vol. 102, p107
No abstract available.
- Phase I study of Carzelesin (U-80,244) given (4-weekly) by intravenous bolus schedule. Awada, A; Tellingen, O Van; Manen, L Van; Kerger, J; Groot, Y; Wanders, J; Verweij, J // British Journal of Cancer;3/15/99, Vol. 79 Issue 9/10, p1454
Carzelesin is a cyclopropylpyrroloindole analogue which acts as a DNA-sequence-specific alkylating agent. In this phase I study, Carzelesin was given as a 4-weekly 10 min IV infusion to 51 patients with advanced solid tumours. Patients received a median of two courses (range 1-5) at one of nine...
- Poster Session II (PII 1-84)Displayed 8:00 am ï¿½ 3:00 pmAttended 8:00 am ï¿½ 9:30 am. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Feb2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 87, pS39
The article presents several abstracts of papers on clinical pharmacology which include closet smoking, a potentially unrecognized risk for amiodarone pulmonary toxicity through P450 induction, the effect of continuous positive airway pressure on drug metabolism in obstructive sleep apnea...
- Changes to journal of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Jusko, William // Journal of Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics;Feb2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the changes to "The Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics," at the start of year 2012.
- Butcher's Broom: Evidence-Based Phytotherapy for Venous Conditions. Bone, Kerry // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Aug/Sep2003, Issue 241/242, p66
Provides information on Ruscus aculeatus. Literature review on the pharmacodynamics of Ruscus aculeatus; Oral bioavailability; Adverse reactions related to the oral intake of Ruscus aculeatus.
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Intramuscular Dermatan Sulfate Revisited: A Single- and Repeated-Dose Study in Healthy Volunteers. Saivin, Sylvie; Cambus, Jean-Pierre; Thalamas, Claire; Lau, Geneviève; Boneu, Bernard; Houin, Georges; Gianese, Francesco // Clinical Drug Investigation;2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p533
Objective: To assess the pharmacokinetics and effects on blood coagulation of dermatan sulfate (DS), a glycosaminoglycan with antithrombotic properties, following intravenous and single and repeated intramuscular administrations. The mean molecular weight of DS is currently 22kD, i.e. 5kD lower...
- Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modelling of the Antipyretic Effect of Two Oral Formulations of Ibuprofen. Trocóniz, I.F.; Armenteros, S.; Planelles, M.V.; Benítez, J.; Calvo, R.; Domínguez, R. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;2000, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p505
Objective: To analyse the population pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships of racemic ibuprofen administered in suspension or as effervescent granules with the aim of exploring the effect of formulation on the relevant pharmacodynamic parameters. Design: The pharmacokinetic model was...