Use of uridine triacetate for the management of fluorouracil overdose
- Pulmonary gemcitabine delivery for treating lung cancer: pharmacokinetics and acute lung injury aspects in animals. Rui Min; Ting Li; Ju Du; Yan Zhang; Jia Guo; Wan-Liang Lu // Canadian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology;May2008, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p288
Gemcitabine, a nucleoside analogue for treating lung cancer, is clinically administered as an intravenous infusion. To achieve better patient compliance and more direct effect on the lung, we explored a new gemcitabine pulmonary delivery route and evaluated the pharmacokinetics and acute lung...
- Gemcitabine. // Reactions Weekly;8/28/2010, Issue 1316, p23
The article describes the case of two patients who developed digital ischaemia while receiving gemcitabine for cancer.
- FDA approves therapy to treat overdose of fluorouracil, capecitabine. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2016, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p100
The article reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.'s uridine triacetate oral granules for emergency treatment of fluorouracil or capecitabine overdose. Topics covered include mechanism of the drug, marketing and distribution as Vistogard...
- Associations of CCR5, CCR2, and Stromal Cell--Derived Factor 1 Genotypes with Human Immunodeficiency Virus Disease Progression in Patients Receiving Nucleoside Therapy. Lathey, Janet L.; Tierney, Camlin; Chang, Sheng-Yung P.; D'Aquila, Richard T.; Battendorf, Daniel M.; Alexander, Heather C.; Barroga, Christopher F.; Spector, Stephen A.; Landes, Jeff E.; Hammer, Scott M.; Katzenstein, David A. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;12/1/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 11, p1402
Genotype data for CCR5, CCR2, and stromal cell--derived factor 1 (SDF-1) were obtained from 354 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)--positive subjects who were being treated with nucleosides. Associations with HIV-1 load, HIV syncytium-inducing (SI) pheno-type, CD4 cell count, and...
- Comparative Evaluation of L-Fd4C and Related Nucleoside Analogs as Promising Antiviral Agents. Shu-Hui Chen // Current Medicinal Chemistry;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p899
As documented in the recent literature, there are more than 50 million people infected with HIV worldwide to date since the emergence of HIV and AIDS in the Western world in 1981. More importantly, about 7000 people die of AIDS daily with 2.5 and 2.6 millions total deaths in 1998 and 1999,...
- Gemcitabine. // Reactions Weekly;7/31/2010, Issue 1312, p27
The article describes the case of a 70-year-old man who underwent gemcitabine therapy for bile duct cancer and developed interstitial pneumonitis.
- Cellular and Clinical Pharmacology of Fludarabine. Gandhi, V.; Plunkett, W. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p93
In the past decade, fludarabine has had a major impact in increasing the effectiveness of treatment of patients with indolent B-cell malignancies. This has come about in a variety of clinical circumstances, including use of fludarabine alone as well as in combinations with DNA-damaging agents or...
- Decitabine. // Reactions Weekly;6/12/2010, Issue 1305, p13
The article describes the case of a 30-year-old female patient with recurrent myelodysplastic syndrome who experienced neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis while undergoing induction therapy with decitabine.
- Sequential FOLFIRI.3 + Gemcitabine Improves Health-Related Quality of Life Deterioration-Free Survival of Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: A Randomized Phase II Trial. Anota, Amélie; Mouillet, Guillaume; Trouilloud, Isabelle; Dupont-Gossart, Anne-Claire; Artru, Pascal; Lecomte, Thierry; Zaanan, Aziz; Gauthier, Mélanie; Fein, Francine; Dubreuil, Olivier; Paget-Bailly, Sophie; Taieb, Julien; Bonnetain, Franck // PLoS ONE;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Background: A randomized multicenter phase II trial was conducted to assess the sequential treatment strategy using FOLFIRI.3 and gemcitabine alternately (Arm 2) compared to gemcitabine alone (Arm 1) in patients with metastatic non pre-treated pancreatic adenocarcinoma. The primary endpoint was...