A rare case of abnormal uterine bleeding caused by cavernous hemangioma: a case report
- Hysterectomy Surveillance- United States, 1994-1999. Keshavarz, Homa; Hillis, Susan D.; Kieke, Burney A.; Marchbanks, Polly A. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;7/12/2002 Supplement SS-5, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p1
Presents a study that examined trends in the number of hysterectomies performed in the U.S. from 1994 to 1999. Use of a three-stage probability design in the study; Algorithm used to define the leading cause of hysterectomy; Statistical analysis of the findings.
- Medicaid Sterilization Rules Violated: Group. Magar, Michele // American Bar Association Journal;Oct81, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p1249
Reports on the public interest organization Health Research Group's accusation that many states routinely violate federal regulations that cover sterilizations for Medicaid patients. Estimated number of sterilizations and hysterectomies funded by Medicaid in 1980; Inclusion of a 30-day cooling...
- Should I get a hysterectomy? Ren, Pegan // Xtra West (Vancouver);12/1/2011, Issue 477, p14
The article presents the author's reply on a query regarding the health effects and risks of hysterectomy.
- Alternative Treatments. DeMarco, Carolyn // Herizons;Winter2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Looks at alternative treatments for several conditions where doctors recommend hysterectomies. Uterine hyperplasia; Uterine prolapse; Fibroids.
- Hysterectomy, 1981/82 to 1996/97. Millar, Wayne J. // Health Reports;Feb2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Presents a study which examined the national and provincial trends in hysterectomies from 1981 and 1982 to 1996 and 1997 in Canada. Common hysterectomy procedure; Declining rates from 1981 to 1997; Selection between the abdominal or vaginal approach of hysterectomy; Decrease in the average...
- Emergency peripartum hysterectomy in a tertiary hospital in Lagos, Nigeria: a five-year review. Rabiu, K. A.; Akinlusi, F. M.; Adewunmi, A. A.; Akinola, O. I. // Tropical Doctor;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p1
This was a retrospective descriptive study of all the patients who underwent emergency peripartum hysterectomy from January 1st 2003 to December 31st 2007 at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital. Of the 15,067 deliveries during the study period, 57 patients had emergency peripartum...
- Alternative Technique for Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy During Vaginal Hysterectomy. Cooper, Brian C.; Riddick, Daniel H. // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;Spring2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p9
We describe a modification to the traditional method of bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy during vaginal hysterectomy. The uterus is bivalved and the hemiuterus is rotated laterally, allowing access to the adnexa. A clamp is then placed across the infundibulopelvic ligament under direct...
- Hysterectomy and sexual wellbeing: prospective observational study of vaginal hysterectomy, subtotal abdominal hysterectomy, and total abdominal hysterectomy. Roovers, Jan-Paul W R; Vaart, C Huub van der; Heintz, A Peter M; Bom, Johanna G van der // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/4/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7418, p774
Objectives: To compare the effects of vaginal hysterectomy, subtotal abdominal hysterectomy, and total abdominal hysterectomy on sexual wellbeing. ..ASA-Design: Prospective observational study over six months. Setting: 13 teaching and non-teaching hospitals in the Netherlands. Participants: 413...
- Hysterectomy and its alternatives: One small step toward assessing the options. // HealthFacts;May94, Vol. 19 Issue 180, p3
Comments on the Maine Women's Health Study, the first study to compare hysterectomized women with women who underwent nonsurgical treatments for the same conditions. Researcher Dr. Karen J. Carlson and colleagues, Harvard Medical School; Report in `Obstetrics & Gynecology' April 1994; Article...